They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

burning a video to disc

Specific to Premiere Elements version 14

burning a video to disc

Postby jlchasse12 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:16 pm

When trying to burn a video to disc in PE14, I keep getting an "incorrect disc name" status which does not allow me to engage the "burn" button. I did try to create an ISO file version of the video as Steve's PE14 book suggests. But I could not download a good version of the Imgburn software. Does the software still exist?

John C
jlchasse12
New User
New User

Re: burning a video to disc

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Absolutely!

But you want to be careful not to get the adware that comes along with it. Our tutorial shows you where to get it and how not to get the extra junk.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... 16&btn.y=7
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:13 pm

Imgburn still exists. The Imgburn website is being blocked by my antivirus program -- it says there is a computer threat on the page. You can safely download the current version of Imgburn (2.5.8.0) from one of the mirror sites such as File Hippo. File Hippo also has earlier versions for download as well.

You do need to be careful installing Imgburn. Imgburn itself is safe, but don't select any of the Express install options. The author has begun using OpenCandy in the current version of the program installer to "offer" other software to install and it installs by default if you select express. You need to select custom install for each offering and uncheck the boxes to avoid installing unwanted and potentially dangerous software. See this topic for more information: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13443&p=113831
Bob

Postby cmarch2106116 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:15 pm

Looked into downloading IMGBURN. My Norton Anti Virus software advises against doing so. When I dismiss that warning Chorme steps in and blocks the download. What else can I do. Is the software really safe. I watched Steve's video and I know exactly what to do as far as avoiding all of the junk attached to the program. Hope someone knows a work around. Thanks
cmarch2106116

Postby Bob » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:27 pm

Which website did you use to attempt the download? I'd recommend using File Hippo to do the download.

The current version of Imgburn (2.5.8.0) uses Open Candy in the installer and is set by default to install other software along with Imgburn. Imgburn 2.5.8.0 is safe provided you don't accept any default or express installation options and explicitly opt out of each of the so called offers. See the link in my post above for more information.

If the current version is still being rejected, try downloading the previous version. On the File Hippo site, the older versions will be listed on the right side of the page. version 2.5.7.0 should be fine. The older versions do not contain Open Candy in the installer. The installer will still ask you to install other things such as the Ask Toolbar for example. Be sure to read the options presented by the installer and opt out of everything except Imgburn.
Bob

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:15 pm

But the software is safe -- and still highly recommended.

Although I do recommend, as in the tutorial, that you make sure you don't download the unnecessary junkware.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cmarch2106116 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:18 am

Thanks, Norton does name Open Candy as a potential threat. I will attempt to download the older version. Thanks for the info.
cmarch2106116

Return to PRE Version 14