They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Convert DVD so PE 14 can edit it

Specific to Premiere Elements version 14

Convert DVD so PE 14 can edit it

Postby Petoskey resident » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:35 pm

Convert DVD Video_TS to MOV or others that can be used by premiere elements 14 (PE14).
I’ve been told I can change the VOB to MOV and PE14 can then edit it. I am not sure how to change the VOB which is under the TYPE column in the file directory. I can change the VTS file name (under name) but not sure PE 14 could then edit it. I’ve also been told to use “MPEG Streamclip” software but it appears to have security questions.
I want to convert DVDs so PE14 can edit them. I will then store them on a large hard drive. I will eventually edit and log the scenes of each DVD for easier future access.
I am sure my basic questions have revealed me as someone who has an awful lot to learn.
Thanks for your help.
Petoskey resident
New User
New User

Re: Convert DVD so PE 14 can edit it

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:40 pm

No need to convert anything, Petoskey. And welcome to Muvipix!

Just select Add Media/Files and Folders and browse to the VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive. You can import the VOB files into your project and add them to your timeline.

If the DVD files are on a disc, just follow the instructions in our books: Put the disc in your computer's disc drive and select Add Media/DVD Camera or Computer Drive, then use the Video Importer to rip the files from the disc to your computer.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 14