They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Importing PP slides into Premiere Element 14

Specific to Premiere Elements version 14

Importing PP slides into Premiere Element 14

Postby paulk6084 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:50 am

What is the best way to import 16x9 Power Point slides into my timeline video #2?

I have taken a video of a presentation where the speaker email me his slide project file (93 slides) and wanted them to be put on top/inserted into his video and audio.

At present I'm outputting to DVD for him to project on a standard projector on wide screen from his computer.

My video was taken with AVCHD format.

Soon I would like to move up to Blu-Ray HI Def 1920x1080

Thank you in advance paulk6084
paulk6084
New User
New User

Re: Importing PP slides into Premiere Element 14

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:59 am

Welcome to the Muvipix community, Paul! I'm sure you'll find the answers you're looking for here.

As I suggested in our private message, you should first output your slides by going to PowerPoint's File menu and selecting the option to output the slides as TIFs (or JPEGs if TIfs are available). Then import each into your project and add it to your timeline.

However, as I also suggested, before you get too deep into this, you should do a test run of a couple of slides to see if you like the results. PowerPoint text slides often don't look good when imported into a video project, and many people opt to recreate the text using Premiere Elements' Text & Titles tools.

It's possible you'll get much better results when you work in high-def/BluRay though.

How have your experiments gone so far? Are you happy with the results of your text DVD?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:52 pm

Step 1 - Fix image ratios without messing up their sizes

Here's the trick. Right click on an image and select Size and Position. From this dialog, click in the Height box. Now, just click up once and down once. As long as the Lock Aspect Ratio checkbox is checked, just changing the scale by 1 step and then switching back will fix your image. You can do it with your keyboard even faster.

Here's trick #2. You don't need to close the Size and Position dialog. It's modeless. You can leave it open and go from slide to slide quickly changing your images. Just click the image, click Height, then up/down, then do another image. Repeat until it's all done. It'll take just a few seconds per slide.

This trick will fix all your image ratios, but expect to do one more pass to make sure that you're using all the space afforded by this new widescreen layout. Regardless of how you images are sized you might want to make some tweaks to the layout and spacing of your text and images.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:15 pm

Awesome Sidd :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 14