They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Making template for text

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

Making template for text

Postby sadddletree » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:18 pm

Is there a way to make a custom template for text? I have a specific font, size and position I am reusing consistently. I am currently duplicating a slide and then changing text on it, but often it gets moved and I have to reposition, which is a pain. And of course I have to make a new one for every section of video. So is there way to set up a template like the generic Add Text one but specific for what I want? (After a few 8 hour days working on this, any short cuts at all are appreciated.)

By the way, you people are an invaluable resource. Don't know what we would do without you...)
Windows 10, Intel (R) Core, i7 - 6500 U CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.6 GHz, 12 GB RAM
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Making template for text

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:09 am

Is this what you had in mind? Using Export/Import you can even use the same title between separate projects.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elemen ... itles.html
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sadddletree » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:27 pm

Thanks! That helps a lot. I still have to readjust the position because it changes as I change the text in the box, but at least I don't have to change font and size for every section I am working on.

Is there any way I can adjust the position of the text numerically? I am using the position - lower third but I would like to consistently place the text box just inside the safe margins on the right hand side. Any short cuts for that move? Getting it exact just by the mouse takes time.
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:11 am

sadddletree wrote:Is there any way I can adjust the position of the text numerically? I am using the position - lower third but I would like to consistently place the text box just inside the safe margins on the right hand side. Any short cuts for that move? Getting it exact just by the mouse takes time.

Click on the title to make sure that it's selected. Open Applied Effects > Motion. The adjustments that you make there will affect the selected title. You can type adjustments in numerically, including vertical and horizontal position, just as you did for the rotation adjustments that we discussed in the other thread.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:40 pm

There's also another way to position the text box. After you select it, right-click and select Transform > Position from the pop-up menu. You can then type in x,y coordinates. I suppose once you have positioned the text box where you want it the first time, check the coordinates and use those numbers for future placements.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sadddletree » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Thanks RJ. I tried that and it will also help in setting things up consistently.
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE Version 13