They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

SAVING TO MP4 FORMAT, RESULTING IN BLACK SCREEN

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

Re: SAVING TO MP4 FORMAT, RESULTING IN BLACK SCREEN

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:54 pm

Click Post Reply rather than Quick Reply.

Then, as Sidd says above, you'll find a tab labeled Upload Attachment just below where you type your response.

Select this tab, click Choose File and browse to your file -- then click Add the File. It will appear along with your text when you click the Submit button.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby baleine » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:07 pm

Hi Steve

As you can see, the middle part is the one that will not format to MP4, the first one did, and when I wanted to format the second one, the first one would format instead, then when I formatted the second one, it was all black.
I deleted the first one, leaving only the middle one, and still formatted black.

My big worry is that another project did the same thing, when I formatted in MP4, the result was a black screen.

thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baleine

Postby baleine » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:59 pm

Hi Steve,

Seeing that the part of the program is not functioning properly when it comes to formatting in mp4, do you have any experience with Movavi?
I could save them as .avi and then use the Movavi program to convert the files to mp4!

The fact that the problem it is not in only one project, makes me worried and I hesitate to continue working on videos that I won't be able to share with my family.

Thanks
baleine

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Yes, that would be a solution. Though you shouldn't have to bring third-party programs into the mix and, in fact, doing so can often lead to trouble since converting files to sometimes get messy.

So what happens if you just do a Save As to save a copy of this project and then you just delete everything on the timeline except what you want to output. Then can you do a Quick Export?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby baleine » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:43 pm

Hi Steve,

I think I figured it out

First I deleted the first section, and then I brought the second section to the 00:00 line instead of leaving it in the middle of the project and it worked!!!!!

Thank you so much for your time, and hope it helps someone else!
baleine

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:41 pm

Great news!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:49 pm

I don't know if this is the reason for the problem or not, but be very careful to align the ends of the work area bar over the video area to be exported. You have areas where there is nothing at all on the timeline. If you are off by even a single frame so that some of that empty area is included it can potentially cause problems.

Is there some reason why you didn't want to do each piece in a separate project?

Glad you got it working!
Bob

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:54 pm

Bob,
As usual you nailed it. If you look at his Work Area Bar, you can see that the start is over an empty/blank frame. I wish Adobe could fix that. It has caused many people grief over the years.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby baleine » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:55 am

Hi Bob, Hi Vernon,

Thank you so much for your comments , indeed Bob from now on, I will work one segment at the time. The beginning of the work is a title, and I tried putting the timeline in the middle of it and it would not work, and my other project that I was trying to save to MP4 was also in the middle of the project.

If you want to save to .avi format, there is no problem using the segment in the middle of the project, but the mp4, doesn't want to work. I will make sure, as you said, that the timeline is in the frame at both ends.

Meanwhile , I have another project that has a 40 seconds of black screen before the video starts and then it works fine, again an mp4 format even though I have the title against 00:00 timeline. The title is 5 seconds Is the title the problem? it is not black, and yet I was trying to fade it out and it turned red to black before it went into the clip. Should I put the title on the same video line as the clips?

Thanks to all of you!
baleine

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:59 am

It would help if you were to show us a screen grab of your timeline. First we have to look at how you are creating the initial black space at the beginning, There is a black frame generator if you need black frames. If you are still experiencing the same failure, realize that Premiere is expecting to have frames to process. When there are no frames (e.g. a gap in the timeline, even a 1 frame gap) to process, it causes a problem when rendering. So, post your timeline and we can better help you.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby baleine » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:50 am

Hi Vernon,

I posted the screen picture and it was established that the line was not within the segment, Meanwhile the second issue whereas I had a 20 seconds of black screen corrected itself the next time I opened the program.
Vernon, than you very much!
I have not saved to MP4 for a while and I hope that all will be fine
baleine

Previous

Return to PRE Version 13