They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

SAVING TO MP4 AND RECOVERY OF FILES

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

SAVING TO MP4 AND RECOVERY OF FILES

Postby baleine » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:23 pm

Hi!

I have a project with 2 events on it. The first event was no problem to format to mp4, the second one will save as .avi but when I want to format the second one separately to mp4, it saves the first event!! and not the second one, I cannot save it separately as mp4

Also, I have another project that has been saved and yet as of lately was not included in the Adobe Premiere list of project , so I was able to open it with Adobe, (start, right click on it and open in Adobe) , and the bands showed in Adobe and yet I cannot make any changes or corrections, how do I get the last one before this one?
Before it saved as project 1,2,3,4,5 and all these do not show anymore!
thank you. I work on Windows 7 and Premiere 13
baleine

Re: SAVING TO MP4 AND RECOVERY OF FILES

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:28 pm

If you've got two separate questions, it's probably best to ask them in two separate threads, baleine. Otherwise things get confusing.

As for your first question, what do yo mean when you say "I want to format the second one separately to mp4"?

As I understand it, both projects are on the same timeline, right? And output the first project by setting the Work Area Bar and then selecting the option to Save Work Area Bar Only, right?

Are you saying that you moved the Work Area Bar over the second project on your timeline and again selected the Work Area Bar Only option -- but the first project output?

Or am I misunderstanding your question?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby baleine » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi Steve,
Thank you!
What I mean is that I first put the work area bar segmenting the first part of the project, saving it in the avi format and checking the work area bar option, then the second one in the .avi format, work bar area , all is well. Then I save the first part in the AVCHD , you tube widescreen SD, all is well..then I do the same thing with the second part of the project, and in the AVCHD, it copies the first part! and not what I want to copy! there are 2 parts in the project! and the second part will not copy in the AVCHD you tube widescreen SD! Thanks Steve
baleine

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:51 pm

If you're using the Work Area Bar the same way for the second AVC output as when you output your second AVI, I have no idea why this would happen baleine.

Meantime, you can always temporarily delete the first half of your movie from the timeline and just output what's left without checking the Work Area Bar Only option. That would still get you an AVC/Mp4 of the second movie, right? Then you just Ctrl+z to undo the deletion and your movie will reappear on the timeline.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby baleine » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:44 pm

HI Steve,
There are 18 parts or sections in the first segment, is there a way that I can delete the whole segment at once, so that it can reappear together as one segment and not delete 18 times and hope that it all gets together again?
Thanks!
baleine

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:05 pm

Just select all 18 clips by dragging to lasso them.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby baleine » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:44 am

Thank you Steve,
Also, I have another project that has been saved and yet as of lately was not included in the Adobe Premiere list of project , so I was able to open it with Adobe, (start, right click on it and open in Adobe) , and the bands showed in Adobe and yet I cannot make any changes or corrections, how do I get the last one before this one?
Before it saved as project 1,2,3,4,5 and all these do not show anymore!
thank you. I work on Windows 7 and Premiere 13
baleine

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:21 am

This would be best to post as a separate question, baleine. The best way to get your questions answers is to post each as a separate thread with a descriptive post. Otherwise it gets lost in the shuffle and confused with your first question.

Meantime, what do you mean by " the bands showed in Adobe "?

How long has it been since this project was opened? Was this .prel file created by Premiere Elements 13 or by another version of the program?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: RECOVERY OF FILES

Postby baleine » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:39 am

Hi Steve,
Thanks, I mean that the audio and the video bands showed up and it was impossible to see the separate title in a separate video band, or text on it, it was solid and I could not edit it. I have a file: editing layout13, .prel, .avi and MP4 and none showed up in Adobe when I was trying to get it. I managed to get the .avi into a project and I could not edit. Thank you!
baleine

SAVING TO mp4

Postby baleine » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:45 am

Hi Steve
Sorry about the 2 questions in one thread, as far as lassoing the video, I did it, deleted it and twice I saved it as MP4 (AVCHD, widescreen SD) and all I got is a black screen no audio or video! first time this happens, and now I am a little shy to continue if this is what I will get! I rendered the video, no change.
I tried to lasso it, copied it, opened another project, and it would not paste!
Thank you!
baleine

Re: SAVING TO MP4

Postby baleine » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:07 am

Hi Steve,
I want to clarify the last post, the video that I deleted was the first part of the project that kept on being saved when I was trying to save the second one. I then tried to save the second project without the first one being there, I wanted to save it to MP4 format (AVCHD, widescreen SD) just like all the other ones that I had done before and all I got was a black screen and no audio nor video! I rendered it, tried it again, and again, used the lasso to copy it and opened another project and it would not paste! Thanks!
baleine

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:09 am

Sorry, I don't know why you can't edit your project -- assuming it was created with version 13 and you're trying to edit it in version 13. At least not based on the information you've us.

You may want to start a new thread with this question and see if anyone else has any thoughts.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: SAVING TO MP4

Postby baleine » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:22 am

Hi Steve,
I will, I already separated the two! any thoughts on the saving to MP4?
Thanks!
baleine

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:39 am

I'm not sure what's going on, baleine. It sounds like you're doing everyting right, but the program isn't cooperating.

If that's the case, the first thing to try is to go to the program's Preferences (under the Edit menu on a PC) and, on the General page, uncheck the option to use hardware acceleration.

That feature only matters if you have an Intel graphics card -- and it's been known to bug up some outputs.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:37 pm

Baleine,

A couple of comments:

1) I want to follow up on Steve's request to create new threads for different questions. By "thread" Steve meant "Topic". You changed the reply titles, but you are still asking multiple unrelated questions in the same topic. This make it very difficult to follow the discussion :ha: and increases the odds that you won't get all your questions answered. To create a new topic, go to the index page for the forum where want to ask the question and click on the "New Topic" button.

2) Regarding your project question: It's not clear to me how you are creating and saving your projects.

To create a new project, If you are starting from the Welcome screen, click Video Editor and select New Project -- If Adobe Premiere Elements is open, choose File > New > Project. Is this what you are doing?

When you create a new project, you can specify the location where the project files will be stored. It is highly recommended that you create a new folder for each separate project and specify that location in the new project dialog. Avoid placing all your projects in the same location. That just makes it more difficult to manage the projects and files.

Be sure to save the project at least once every time you open it in order to turn on the autosave feature. Autosave only creates a limited number of backup project files and only keeps the most recent autosaves. If you need to open an autosave file to recover a project, be sure to save the project back to the original project file or, if you don't want to overwrite the original project file, use save as to create a separate project file.

3) Project files do not contain the media files -- they only contain references to the media files. If you move, rename, or delete, the media files, it will break the link and the project won't be able to find the media files.

4) Only a limited number of recently opened projects are shown in the Existing Project list. Projects aren't automatically deleted, if the project is not listed, choose Open, navigate to the project folder, select the project file, and click Open. As long as you haven't deleted, renamed, or moved anything, you should be able to open and work on your project.

5) When you set the work area bar so you can output a segment of your project, are you setting both the beginning and the end locations of the bar?
Bob

Next

Return to PRE Version 13