They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

putting 2 projects together

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

putting 2 projects together

Postby sadddletree » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:48 pm

I'm currently working on a long instructional video. It has a number of long segments that I would like to work on separately and then put together later as I figure out the order I want to put them in. I tried a trial version (one minute segment) and saved it. Then I tried to bring it into another project and when I went to "add media" id did not show up. It is obviously in a format that elements doesn't recognize as "media".
Do I have to make a 4 hour long video on one timeline or can I do it in pieces and then put it together? ](*,)
Thanks for any help, Rod.
Windows 10, Intel (R) Core, i7 - 6500 U CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.6 GHz, 12 GB RAM
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: putting 2 projects together

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:55 pm

I'm not sure what happened with your test project. You haven't quite given us enough information.

But that said, yes, you can certainly combine 4 hours of video on a timeline. That's too much to fit on a DVD or even to upload to YouTube or Vimeo, but you can do it. What do you plan to do with it once you've assembled your video?

If your plan is to put it all on a disc, it would be best to break it into three or four parts. DVDs can hold about 70-80 minutes of video at full quality, and you may be able to squeeze on a bit more.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:24 pm

You can certainly do it in pieces and put it together.

It sounds like you saved your 1 minute test as a project file but didn't export it as a video file. Is that correct?

While Premiere Pro has the capability to import one project file into another project directly, Premiere Elements cannot. You need a video file. The video you edit in the timeline is not available as a video file until you export (share) it to a video format. Export it to your computer as a video format file and you can import it into another project. To export as a video file, use Publish And Share. I'd probably use avchd/mp4 as the format. Choose Share > Computer and select AVCHD. Select an appropriate preset and enter a name for the file. Select the location for the file using the Save In option.
Bob

Postby sadddletree » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:56 pm

Thank you for your replies.

Yes, we will break it up to three or four parts, but due to its length we would like to work on it in more sections. Thank you for letting me know how to do that. If I have more questions, I will let you know!
Windows 10, Intel (R) Core, i7 - 6500 U CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.6 GHz, 12 GB RAM
sadddletree
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE Version 13