They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Not finding one of archived files

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

Not finding one of archived files

Postby Naturopath4you » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:53 pm

Anyone know why I am now having this new issue. Reloaded Elements 13 which solved another problem, but now when I archive/copy a project and take the external drive to my other computer OR EVEN try to open it on the same computer that archived it, I get a message that it cannot locate one of the archived files. For Pete's sake, it just archive copied the darn files itself and now it does not know where it put them?!

Each time I have gone looking in the archived file's folders and found the file to select and then it opened but this makes no sense. This has now happened 3 times on different files.
Any ideas anyone??
David
intel i7 Quad /Wind 7/64 / 32 gig RAM /Geoforce GTX1060/ 2 terabyte RAID-1 internal / 16 terabyte DROBO-5D external /Laptop Dell Latitude 3340 i5 Dual 2.6ghx 12gig RAM
Naturopath, Clinical Nutritionist and educator http://www.DavidGetoff.com
Naturopath4you

Re: Not finding one of archived files

Postby Peru » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:34 am

Each time you connect an external drive, Windows may not assign it the same drive letter, unless you tell it to do so.
You can do that in Disk Management.
Peru

Postby Naturopath4you » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:07 pm

Finding the drive is obviously not the issue since it loaded almost all the needed files from the archive on the drive and only could not find one of them on that same drive in the same archive folder.

Elements 13 also keeps crashing my computer with that Blue Screen of Death usually while rendering but sometimes just doing nothing (but it is open) while I am working on some other program.

I have NEVER in my life had a program crash my computer over and over day after day like elements does.
You would think with all the complaints about this on the web, the software designers might try to resolve some of its issues
intel i7 Quad /Wind 7/64 / 32 gig RAM /Geoforce GTX1060/ 2 terabyte RAID-1 internal / 16 terabyte DROBO-5D external /Laptop Dell Latitude 3340 i5 Dual 2.6ghx 12gig RAM
Naturopath4you

Postby Peru » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:13 pm

Blue screen crashes are usually because of driver problems. Is your video driver up to date?
Peru

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:31 pm

Peru wrote:Blue screen crashes are usually because of driver problems. Is your video driver up to date?

...and Quicktime?
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Naturopath4you » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:54 pm

yes everything is up to date
Just had to bring it in to my tech due to too many crashes and wouldn't always boot..
Turns out that the brand new enterprise rated WD drive they installed, to replace one that went bad last week, also went bad in just a few days and has been replaced for a second time!
I will see what that does but I am going to start a new question so take a look at the new one and see if you have expertise to give me feedback.
Thanks to all of you
Naturopath4you

Return to PRE Version 13