They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Error upon opening and closing pre13

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

Error upon opening and closing pre13

Postby videovillageidiot » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:49 am

When opening an existing project from the PRE13 screen an error window opens with the error "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk5\DR5."
The options are Cancel, Try Again or Continue. I may also try to close the window.
Selecting Cancel 6 times makes the error go away and i can get in. i rendered the project, hit Save and closed the program. The same message appeared...this time i selected Continue and had to repeat that 3 times before i got out of Pre13.

I reopened the project...same thing...this time i hit Cancel 7 times and it 's good. Upon exit, i selected Try Again and after a few times, i was out.

Most times the message refers to DR5, but i have seen it say DR4 on occasion.

Has anyone encountered this? Any ideas on what is wrong?

Hope this makes sense...

Thanks all!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Error upon opening and closing pre13

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:58 am

It sounds like the program is defaulted to go look for media on your disk drive. I am not a user of PRE13 but you might try seeing if you can change the default of where the programs opens and looks for media.

From the adobe website:
Your software was never properly installed and the programs are attempting to run a "post-install install". This can happen when you serialize trial versions and additional components become available that were not included in the trial due to licensing restrictions. The simple answer is: Insert that program disk, run as admin and let it do its thing. Otherwise consider using the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool and starting over.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:34 am

This has been a bug in Premiere Elements for a while. The solution is deleting or disabling the OldFilm.AEX file.

On Windows, the file can be found at C/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Elements 13/Plug-ins/Common/NewBlue/

Delete or simply rename the OldFilm.AEX Folder to something like OldFilm.AEXOLD and then restart the program.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby videovillageidiot » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:47 am

Thanks Sidd - your response prompted me to check the Adobe help forums. There i found the same info that Steve shared. Thanks Steve!

It didn't work to just rename; i had to get it completely out of there. Seems fine now!

I truly appreciate your help!!!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 13