They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Deleting Files from Organizer

Specific to Premiere Elements version 13

Deleting Files from Organizer

Postby StevenG » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:04 pm

I am a new user of PrE 13, having recently switched from iMovie.
I import still photos from Lightroom to the Editor or to the Organizer, as I like to combine stills with my clips when creating a movie.
Periodically I decide not to use certain clips. I would like to know how to delete these clips. Deleting from the Editor does not seem to be a problem. Steve Grisetti answered that question. My concern now is how to delete the photo from the Organizer, and eliminate it from the project, without deleting it from the LR catalog. When I right click on the photo in organizer and click on "delete from catalog" I get a message that the selected photo will be deleted from the catalog. Does this mean my LR catalog? I don't want to do that. I want to keep the photo in LR, but simply remove it completely from the project I am working on. Can anyone help with this?
Thanks.
Steve
MacBook Pro. OSX Yosemite, Version 10.10.2. Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7. Memory 8 GB. Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 512 MB.
StevenG

Re: Deleting Files from Organizer

Postby Bob » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:40 pm

When I right click on the photo in organizer and click on "delete from catalog" I get a message that the selected photo will be deleted from the catalog. Does this mean my LR catalog?

Hi Steve! The Organizer does not know anything about the LightRoom catalog. The message is referring to the Organizer's own catalog. Just don't select the option to delete the file from the hard disk.
Bob

Re: Deleting Files from Organizer

Postby StevenG » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:10 am

Thanks Bob!
I thought that might be the case but was a bit nervous to try. I appreciate your response.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
MacBook Pro. OSX Yosemite, Version 10.10.2. Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7. Memory 8 GB. Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 512 MB.
StevenG

Return to PRE Version 13