FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]

can't locate burned project

can't locate burned project

Offline - Premiere Member
Profile  YIM 
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:17 pm Post
I just finished a project and burned it to a folder. Every indication is that it went well but the problem is that the folder is empty. I tried it several times and also changed folder names and locations but to no avail. I'm using PE 13 with no problems with other projects. Is there a way to take the completed project files and place it in a new project so I don't have to start editing it all over again? Thanks.
Last post Reply with quote 

Re: can't locate burned project

Offline - Super Moderator
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:09 am Post
Go to the program's preferences (under the Edit menu on a PC) and, on the General page, uncheck the option for hardware acceleration -- then try your burn again.

Just to be sure, burn to a folder that doesn't have any other files in it.

Profile  YIM 
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:29 pm Post
Thanks Steve. I checked and hardware acceleration has been off the whole time.Tried to burn it to a folder again and no luck. The folder is there but its empty.
For the heck of it I tried to burn it directly to a disc. It gets to 98% and gives the following message:

internal software error: .\Vobulator\Block Planner\BlockPlanner.cpp/line 215. Does that provide any clues?

My guess is that the project is corrupted somehow. That's why I was wondering if there was a way to transfer the edited video to a new project without having to start from the beginning again. Thanks for your help.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:01 pm Post
When the DVD burn craps out at 98% it usually means that the DVD files have been produced but the program is having problems burning them to a disc.

But that doesn't explain why you're not able to burn to a folder on your hard drive. In fact, it would seem to indicate that you won't have any problems burning to a folder. And unchecking the hardware acceleration option usually does the trick.

So I'm sorry I'm not sure what to recommend.

Offline - Moderator
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:11 pm Post
Remove the stop marker at the end:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2299177

Profile  YIM 
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:14 pm Post
Amazing ! I removed the stop marker at the end and it burned to the folder perfectly. Thank you Peru! Thank you Steve! This is why I've been a member since 2007.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:44 pm Post
Good call, Peru Bob!

I should have asked for a screen capture of George's timeline. There are a couple of things on a timeline that can cause similar problems.

Offline - Moderator
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:03 am Post
Steve Grisetti wrote
There are a couple of things on a timeline that can cause similar problems.

I seem to remember a few threads a while ago on this forum where you recommended doing that.

Profile  YIM 
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:48 pm Post
I wouldn't mind doing that Steve. How do you take a screenshot of the timeline?

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:16 am Post
On a PC, you press the Print Scrn button your keyboard and then paste the picture into a Photoshop or even a Word document and save it as a JPG or a DOC and post it to this forum.

Profile  WWW 
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:55 am Post
There is also the Snipping Tool, comes with Windows since version 7 and works really well
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... creenshots

Then there is more advanced screen capture software like Snagit, very cool and not too expensive. Just depends on what your needs are :)
http://discover.techsmith.com/snagit-br ... gK8M_D_BwE
Top Reply with quote 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic