FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]

Can't install pe 13

Can't install pe 13

Offline - Registered User
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:49 pm Post
I had pe 13 on a computer running windows 10. I got a new computer and reinstalled the download files with no problems. I recently had to reinstall windows and now I can’t reinstall pe 13. I get a pop up saying that adobe has detected that the machine has a restart scheduled and to cancel and restart. I do this and get the same message so I click ignore and get to the sign in page. When I try to sign in, the sign in screen goes blank. Any suggestions on what I can do.
Last post Reply with quote 

Re: Can't install pe 13

Offline - Moderator
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:12 pm Post
PaulC wrote
I click ignore and get to the sign in page. When I try to sign in, the sign in screen goes blank. Any suggestions on what I can do.

That should have worked. I would suggest updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer's site.

Offline - Super Moderator
Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:44 pm Post
When you say you reinstalled Windows, you mean you did a computer system wipe and installed each program, right? Did you use backups of any files?

Do you get the option of ignoring the restart notice?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:24 pm Post
I was doing a Windows restore and after the restore Windows failed to load. I ended up having to do a HP system recovery which reinstalled Windows 10. I had no option to ignore a restart. I did not use backups of any files. So my d drive still had all my video , photos etc but the c drive was wiped which had all my prel files. I have a vague memory of having to change the graphics card driver when I tried to install pe 13 on the computer. The card is an Intel hd graphics 530.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:11 am Post
Try installing version 13 from this download.
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elemen ... loads.html

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:13 pm Post
I got pe 13 downloaded. HP support assistant had a problem and when HP support fixed it I started getting various updates including the intel graphics card driver update and Windows 10 creator update. When all the updates were installed Premier elements installed with no problems. Thanks again for your help.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:10 pm Post
Great news, Paul!
Top Reply with quote 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic