Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]

Multi-camera editing

Multi-camera editing

Offline - New User
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:45 pm Post
I am working on a dance recital in Premiere Elements 13. I have multiple
camera angles that I have placed on different tracks. When burning, how can
I easily choose between tracks to burn? Thanks.

Trevan
Last post Reply with quote 

Re: Multi-camera editing

Offline - Moderator
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:51 am Post
Hello Trevan and welcome to Muvipix. :meet:

If I understand correctly you have placed a number of video files (different camera angles) on different video tracks in PrElv13. Are the video tracks one on top of the other(s)?

With a linear video editor like PrEl what you need to do is to switch amongst the tracks for your output video and you do this by editing the different video clips. If the video clips are just stacked on tracks one above the other then the only video that will be visible will be the one on the top track, all other tracks being obscured. There are a couple of tutorials in the downloads section that will help.

Put very simply, what you need to do is to align the different tracks so that the recordings are in synchronisation - the dance movements are matched as a time sequence - then you can edit out the parts that you do not want to be visible, leaving behind the parts of the video clips that you want to be seen. Then you can burn this edited sequence.

For example: (remember that your version of PrEl is different to the software that I use but the principle is the same).

Here is what I have assumed is the situation that you have(?)

Attachment
Original Video Tracks.JPG

Because all tracks are filled the only one that will be visible when played in PrEl will be the clip on the highest track, in this case track 4.

Attachment
Edited Tracks.JPG

Here I have edited out various parts of the correctly aligned video clips - i.e "made gaps". Recall that the video clip on the highest track number is the one that is visible. So in this edited view one can now see Dance Track 1 (on video track 4) followed by Dance Track 4 (on video track 1), then Dance Track 3 (on video track 2) then Dance Track 2 (on video track 3) and finally dance track 1 again (on video track 4).

Hope that this makes some sense and helps point you in the right direction.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Offline - Site Admin
Profile  WWW 
Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:48 am Post

Multi-Track Transitions (part 1)

Multi-Track Transitions (part 2)

Offline - Super Moderator
Profile  WWW 
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:09 am Post
Thanks Ron :TU:

Profile  WWW 
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:13 am Post
Thanks also to John for a great explanation !!

Welcome to Muvipix Trevan :meet:

:::muvipix:::

Offline - New User
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:40 pm Post
Yes, they are stacked on top of each other. I want to thank you both for knowledge. I now know what needs to be done.

Trevan

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:55 pm Post
Although I do have to interject that there ARE easier ways to do this. CyberLink PowerDirector Ultra 15 and Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 are both relatively inexpensive and both INCLUDE a multicam editor, which makes this kind of workflow much simpler.

Remember, there's no law that says you have to use the same editor for all of your work. I often switch off so that I'm using the best tool for the job.

As an example, here's how the Multicam Editor in Vegas Movie Studio handles this kind of work.

Offline - Moderator
Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:48 am Post
Confession time!

In truth I would go about this in a different way to that which I described but what I was trying to do was explain the basic principle. :-D

Profile  WWW 
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:13 am Post
Everyone has their own way of performing various tasks and processes, nothing wrong with that :TU:

Offline - Moderator
Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:45 am Post
Also syncing the audio tracks helps to keep the video sync'd too.

Sidd

Profile  WWW 
Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:11 am Post
Syncing audio is the first step in multicamera editing, I have a multi part tutorial on that subject as well. Syncing the audio might be the toughest part of editing a multi camera shoot.
Top Reply with quote 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic