Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

How to copy chunks from 15 videos to create new videos

How to copy chunks from 15 videos to create new videos

Offline - Premiere Member
Sat May 28, 2016 8:08 am Post
Here is what would like to do:

I have 15 one–hour .avi’s. and each includes portions of video I want to place into new topical PE 13 projects. Is there a way I can go through one video at a time and copy and save little clippings into related groups (folders?, categories?) within PE13? My categories would be something like: Vacations, Christmas with Family, Around Home, Misc. etc? Then could I go through a SECOND video and continue to save (to these groups, catagories or folders) and then finally make a separate PE13 project from each group of clips I have saved (as categories, folders or whatever) and just dumping them into a new PE13 project?
Alternatively, if that is not possible within PE, I have read about a program called ClipMate and using it with PE. ClipMate appears to be a clipboard that can hold 1,000's of clips in catagories. Has anyone here used it for the purposes I mentioned above?

Maybe you folks know how I can achieve my goal totally within PE13 or with an additional program such as ClipMate. If so, please tell me how to do so. Thanks.
Last post Reply with quote 

Re: How to copy chunks from 15 videos to create new videos

Offline - Super Moderator
Profile  WWW 
Sat May 28, 2016 11:07 am Post
Hi Judy,

That is really very easily done right in the clip monitor. You can save sections of a clip and export/share those, creating a new file with just the parts you want to save. Do you have any of Steve's books or have you watched the free Basic Training videos?

Offline - Moderator
Sat May 28, 2016 1:17 pm Post
ClipMate won't do what you want. You'll need to edit each avi in your video editor and export the pieces you want to save as separate new video files. Create the folders to hold the categories on your hard drive and export each segment from PE 13 to the appropriate folder. Decide on your file naming convention before you start.

You can use the clip monitor as Chuck suggested or you can isolate the segment to export using the work area bar and export using the option to export only the area under the work area bar.

Sun May 29, 2016 1:17 pm Post
I was playing with Clipmate last night, and although I could "copy" the trimmed clips information to Clipmate, when it came time to paste back into Premiere Elements later, the wrong clip was usually pasted.

Another problem is a new video clip is not actually created, only pointer information such as the in and out points is saved in Clipmate. You still need to keep the original source file in the same location on your hard drive. Another problem is Clipmate won't show a thumbnail image of a poster frame from the video clips, so you won't know the contents unless you are very descriptive with the Clipmate titles.

I'm not sure what the problem is with Clipmate, but it is definitely not suitable with my system -- Windows 10 with Premiere Elements 11.

See the following topic about why Clipmate was pasting the wrong clips back into Premiere Elements http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14851#p123735

Offline - Frequent Contributor
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:06 pm Post
Judy, did you ever figure out a clip monitor that would do this for you?

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:10 am Post
Thank you, Judy, for taking the time to stop by Milwaukee for a day so that we could spend a day together talking Premiere Elements and video editing tips and techniques.

I hope it was enlightening for you -- and I hope you'll spread the good word that the folks at Muvipix really will bend over backwards to help our people out!

Happy moviemaking!

Profile  WWW 
Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:41 am Post
That's awesome Steve :yh:

Offline - Moderator
Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:23 am Post
img0225 :SS:

Offline - Moderator
Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:53 am Post
:TU: Steve is a nice guy! I already knew that week one, but worth posting. :TU:

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:09 am Post
Steve Grisetti is my hero! I spent the better part of a day with him and he showed me how to solve several problems with Premiere Elements for which I could not find the answers elsewhere. One of the problems solved by Steve (in his effective, patient manner) was this one "How to copy chunks from 15 videos to create new videos." I was thrilled. He also makes a great pizza. I would guess that people on this forum already realize what a valuable source of knowledge they have in Steve.

Offline - Moderator
Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:00 pm Post
Judy Payne wrote
He also makes a great pizza.

His "Sunday Sauce" recipe is pretty good too! :-D

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:33 pm Post
Judy, I'm glad you know how to put together pieces of video to make a new one. Most of a continent away is to far for us to go to get Steve's direct help (though I'm sure it would be the most efficient!). Are you able to put together pieces of video before you publish them or do you have to publish them first? If the former, can you or Steve explain how to do it? We're still trying to figure it out over here.

Thanks!

Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:24 am Post
The challenge is that the process is a little complicated to explain on the forum, saddletree. Which part of the process is confusing you?

If you're trying to extract short segments from longer videos, as Judy is, probably the easiest way to do it is to work with the Favorite Moments tool. With Favorite Moments, you open the clip in a work are and then designate the segment or segments you want to use., When you leave Favorite Moments, only those segments will be added to your timeline. You can then use Publish & Share to output a video that only includes your selected segments.

You can watch a free tutorial on the Favorite Moments tool by doing a search on your Products page.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0

And, if you have any specific questions about this process, we're glad to help you out here!

Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:27 pm Post
I couldn't find the free tutorial, but I read the section in the book. It looks like the Favorite Moments will compile sections from on project together. What I am wanting to do is take a part of one project (which contains multiple sections of video and audio and added pictures and text) and insert it into another project which is also at the same stage. The two belong together but were worked on separately and need to be joined before we publish the whole thing. I don't think Favorite Moments will do this, will it?

Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:19 am Post
The Favorite Moments tool gives you the ability to extract the shorter segments from a longer clip, which you can then build into a compilation of segments from other longer clips?

Isn't that what you're trying to do?

I'm not sure why you couldn't find the tutorial on the Favorite Moments tool, but if you follow the link in my last post, it's one of only two tutorials that display. (Though do I see that the tutorial is for subscribers only -- so I'm glad you were able to find it in the book.)
Top Reply with quote 

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic