FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]

Removing Video 1 track

Removing Video 1 track

Offline - Frequent Contributor
Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:00 pm Post
I temporarily (I thought) added an extra track before the first track to move a section of film out of the way before I cropped it. I got everything the way I wanted it and emptied that track but now I can't remove it. It is empty and not doing anything. Is there a way to get rid of it now?
Last post Reply with quote 

Re: Removing Video 1 track

Offline - Super Moderator
Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:15 am Post
I'm not sure what you're saying, Saddletree. It sounds like you're saying you adding a clip to the beginning of your Video 1 track and then later you deleted this clip but the program did not close the gap. Is that right?

Can you post a screen capture so we can see what you're describing?

Offline - Moderator
Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:22 pm Post
Steve, track 1 is completely empty and he wants to delete the empty track.

Saddletree, Premiere Elements does not let you do that. Premiere Elements does have a Delete Empty Tracks command, but it won't remove the required tracks: video track 1, audio track 1, narration, and soundtrack. Having an empty track 1 will not affect the project.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:35 pm Post
Thanks Bob. That is what I suspected but needed to know for sure. Lesson learned - don't put extra tracks before first track as a temporary work-around. Put your extra video somewhere else till you have the one section the way you want it and then add it back again...

Offline - Moderator
Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:35 pm Post
If it really bothers you, you can select everything in the project and drag it all down one track. But be sure to do a save just prior so that you can revert if necessary. And remember, Undo is your friend.

Offline - Moderator
Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:10 pm Post
I think you can also set your default as to the number of empty tracks when you start a project.

Sidd

Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:57 pm Post
Dave, when I open it up it says it is putting in 187 or so bits of media - whatever that means - into this 6 minute segment. As far as moving things down, I'm neurotic, but not quite that neurotic. Now if it was only 50 or so... :)

Thanks for the answers and advice. I think I'll just live with it unless for some reason it will make my published video a lot larger.

Offline - Moderator
Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:46 am Post
sadddletree wrote
I think I'll just live with it unless for some reason it will make my published video a lot larger.

No, your video will remain the same size.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:00 am Post
Thanks!! Now I won't lose any sleep over it (though it will still bug me a little in the deep, dark recesses of my OCD brain...).

Offline - Moderator
Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:05 am Post
I kind of thought it might.
Top Reply with quote 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic