They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

cyberlink Power Director 15 Audio effect question

"The Fastest Video Editing Software for Enthusiasts"

cyberlink Power Director 15 Audio effect question

Postby AVITRY » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:12 pm

I noticed that Steve took the time to get involved with Power Director, so I decided if it was good enough for him, it is definitely worth looking into again. I had an older version so I bought the upgrade to 15 ultra.

One of the things I have to do over and over again on these VHS tapes is to make both audio channels the same. Basically mono out of both tracks.

When these tapes were originally done, there were two channels being recorded. One was just ambient audience sounds, and the other track was the billiard game track at the table.

This turned out to be an issue for some of the customers of the company selling the converted DVDs, because they had their individual systems set up either incorrectly to hear the video, or they didn't have stereo to begin with.

Since individual channels wasn't needed for this kind of tape, the company asked that I make both audio channels the same and all inclusive. This was a pretty simple thing to do in Premiere Elements by copying the audio track and applying the swap channel audio effect on one of the audio tracks. When it was transcoded it was all in one.

I'm having trouble finding the ability to do this with the new version of Power Director. Does anyone happen to know if this is possible with the Cyberlink program, and if so, how to do it?

thanks much!

joe

***EDIT***

I think I may have stumbled across something ...

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... ap&id=1261

I guess Power Director comes with "Wave Editor" I saw that when I right clicked the audio track and selected edit audio, this option of Wave Editor came up.

I downloaded this swap channel DLL and then I opened Wave Editor and added the plug it .. I think this is going to work!! Geez, if it does, I surprised myself. :- :tup:
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: cyberlink Power Director 15 Audio effect question

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:04 pm

You beat me to it, Joe! That's exactly what I was going to recommend!

Wave Editor is a terrific little audio editor that comes with PowerDirector Ultimate and launches directly from PowerDirector.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby AVITRY » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi Steve! It must also come with the Ultra version cause that's the one I upgraded to and it did launch automatically. I have been playing with it and it seemed to work. But it also seemed a little fussy.

What I did was import a song mp3 to PD, and then I copied the track to the second timeline. Now the track was longer than the visable view, but I didn't click on show entire movie. I just right clicked on the second copy of the mp3, selected edit audio and Wave Editor opened.

I did the swap channel effect and when I came back into PD .. it didn't take the entire song on the second copy, and it was out of sync a little. I made sure they both were butted up to the left side of the timeline, but they remained out of sync.

I then did it over, but before I chose to edit the audio, I clicked on show entire movie. Guess that's the backslash in APE. Anyway, then I repeated the process of choosing the second copy of the song, and after I swapped channel on that track, when I came back to PD, they were in sync.

Seemed to work, but seemed a bit more clunky than good old APE.

The reason I got the Cyberlink program is because I spent a hundred bucks on a video card I didn't need. LOL ... I didn't know APE didn't use hardware to encode.

It's like the guy that dropped a quarter down the outhouse potty. He took a 20 out of his pocket and threw it in after the quarter cause he wasn't about to fish around in there for just a quarter. :-D
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:36 pm

"It's like the guy that dropped a quarter down the outhouse potty. He took a 20 out of his pocket and threw it in after the quarter cause he wasn't about to fish around in there for just a quarter."

That definitely describes my life too, Joe.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PowerDirector Series