They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

I could really use some PowerDirector help

"The Fastest Video Editing Software for Enthusiasts"

I could really use some PowerDirector help

Postby Nchambers549 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:33 pm

Steve encouraged me to reach out to the forum for help, so here goes.

I am a 66 year old non-techie entertainer who is attempting to put together an entertainment promo for a show I did recently. Having no video editing experience, I purchased the PowerDirector 13 Ultra software and have done my best to put something together. Unfortunately I am still using Windows XP as my operating platform, but hope to purchase a new computer by the end of the year.

I have reached a point that I have several issues that are preventing me from going any further Some of my issues are:

For some reason my audio track segment is ahead of the same video track segment (it is to the right a bit) and I can't move it back to the left

I can't seem to drag a transition down to my video track. It gets close to the track and then stops.

I also have several minor questions relating to the timeline.

Manuals and video tutorials can't seem to help me. What I would like to accomplish is to have a knowledgeable person gain access to my computer screen, see the problems, and then correct them while showing me what I have been doing wrong.

Would anyone be willing to do that? I would imagine the fixes could be relatively quick, unless I have a software bug.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and as soon as these issues can be resolved, I would like to submit the the video to the forum for recommendations of possible improvements.

Thank you.

Nick
Nchambers549
New User
New User

Re: I could really use some PowerDirector help

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Welcome to Muvipix, Nick!

As I said in my e-mail, Nick, it might help also if you included your camcorder model number so we'll know what type of video we're dealing with.

Can you post a picture of your timeline with the audio out of line with your video? Have you tried deleting these segments and re-adding them? Have you tried zooming in on your timeline and adjusting their positions? Assuming this video and audio are from the same video file, have you tried ungrouping the audio and video segments so that they can be moved independently.

As for your transition, can you be more specific about your problems adding it? Have you ensured that, if it's a video transition, you're actually adding it to the video area of your clip? If you try to add a video transition to the audio portion of a clip (or vice versa), it will seem to disappear.

Also, have you zoomed in on that segment of your timeline? Sometimes, if you're zoomed too far back, you can add a transition and not see it.

But, again, if you post a screen capture of your timeline, we'll better be able to see that.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:51 pm

:meet:
I don't use PowerDirector, but I did want to welcome you to Muvipix. I'm sure that a PowerDirector user will chime in today.

If you could post some screenshots of your problems, it may make it easier for somebody here to offer some suggestions.

EDIT: I see Steve has aleady responded.
Peru

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:01 am

Peru wrote:I don't use PowerDirector, but I did want to welcome you to Muvipix.

:meet:

+1
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:33 pm

Ciao Nick,

I thought about installing a trial version on my pc but it requires Windows 7 or 8 and I too have Xp.

Maybe I may help, by the way, thanks to TeamViewer.

Francesco
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PowerDirector Series