They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sit still!

"The Fastest Video Editing Software for Enthusiasts"

Sit still!

Postby mikecox » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:56 pm

How do I keep the timeline tracks; at the bottom of the screen, and the scene clips; at the top of the screen (with the preview monitor un-docked) from scrolling up and down every time my cursor is in the area.

I keep loosing my place in the scene clips; and have to go searching for the active clip, and video 1 keeps scrolling up and out of sight and I have to keep pulling it back down :mad:

I've widened the list of tracks, hoping if they were all visible they wouldn't scroll; but I can't make them all visible so video 1 still scrolls up and out of sight; so all I can see of track 1 is the Audio track!

It's making me a nervous wreck! :pull:
Michael :cool:
Pr Pro, Ps and Lr CC, Canon Cameras: 60D and 70D
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
i7-6600U CPU@2.6GHz 2.81, 16GB RAM,475 GB SSD, 211 Free
Intel HD Graphics 520, NVIDIA GeForce GPU
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sit still!

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:45 am

I'm not sure what you're saying, Mike. Can you better describe what you're doing and what you're seeing?

When you say "scrolling up and down" do you mean up and down, as in toward the top and bottom of your computer display, or up and down and as left and right on the timeline?

In any event, I'm not experiencing any of those things.

BTW, can you fill in the technical specs of your computer in your signature line -- just in case the issue is related to your graphics card, processor, operating system, or whatever? Putting this information in your signature line (as I've done) saves us having to ask your specs whenever you post a question about buggy behavior in your software.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mikecox » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:14 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:

When you say "scrolling up and down" do you mean up and down, as in toward the top and bottom of your computer display, or up and down and as left and right on the timeline?

I meant up and down; horizontally. But just reviewed this phenomena and discovered it was related to my Trackball. When I switched to my Pad those two areas stopped moving up and down in response to my hovering icon. When I switched back to the trackball I couldn't make it behave that way again.

I expect it may be the fact that I just installed the trackball, and it just hadn't settled in :eek:
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:49 am

Glad you found the issue, Mike!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mikecox » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:27 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Glad you found the issue, Mike!
Well, it isn't completely gone. it started doing it again last night. It's clearly related to the track ball because when my cursor is off to the right; over the preview window, and I roll the ball the clips lists jumps up and down; and Im not even hovering directly over those clips!

It stops if I tap the cursor pad on the laptop, or move to the pen tablet. Then when I return to rolling the tack ball and the scrolling no linger occures.

I haven't figured out why it does that, exactly, just that when it happens I'm using the track ball. I have the same track ball on my desktop and it work fine with PrE. But I don't have PD on my desktop, so I can't try it on this machine to see if it behaves the same way.
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PowerDirector Series