They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Exploration finds

"The Fastest Video Editing Software for Enthusiasts"

Exploration finds

Postby mikecox » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Well I spent hours yesterday dragging the clips, PD created for me, to the timeline.

I was frustrated by the options in the "insert on selected track" menu; when the CTI isn't at the end of the timeline.

I wish there was an option to put the selected clips at the end of the current timeline; because when you move a clip to the timeline the CTI remains where it was when you inserted the clip;it doesn't move to the end of the timeline. That means when you try to add another clip; with the "insert..." option, the drop down appears and offers options to put it where the CTI is; but doesn't offer to put the clip at the end of the timeline. So every time I insert a clip I have to move the CTI to the end of the timeline, so the next clip will go there when I click "Insert..." :pull:

During my explorations I went looking for the Shortcut key list; so I could move the CTI to the end of the timeline after move a clip from the assets window, and found it in the Guide; along with the Alt-H shortcut; which allows users to modify the list.

Speaking of the "Guide". I dl'd it from Cyberlink, and put on my tablet; for easy to reference. But it doesn't include the kind of detail that the "Manual" has. I have a two monitor setup for my laptop, so I keep the Manual on my laptop's screen, but I would like to download it and put it on my tablet. So I tried to find it but was unsuccessful. Does anyone know if it is available as a PDF dl?

Those shortcuts have made things considerably easier and more efficient; especially the arrow key combinations, which make navigating the timeline clips less frustrating.

btw I've discovered that my laptop does have the Home/End and Pgup/PgDn keys; they are just in the form of Fn keys. The arrow keys have a Fn key combo; if I press the Fn key they change to Home/End and Pgup/PgDn. :YY:

I noticed that there are Ctrl, Alt and Shift- Drop shortcut keys. I've never seen a "Drop" key on a keyboard. Can someone tell me where it is, or what it is?
Michael :cool:
Pr Pro, Ps and Lr CC, Canon Cameras: 60D and 70D
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
i7-6600U CPU@2.6GHz 2.81, 16GB RAM,475 GB SSD, 211 Free
Intel HD Graphics 520, NVIDIA GeForce GPU
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Exploration finds

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:29 pm

What's an example of a Drop shortcut, Mike?

EDIT-- Okay, I think I see what you're talking about.

For instance, Ctrl+Drop overwrites content on a a track when a clip is dropped on another clip.

I believe that means when hold down the Ctrl key as you DROP a clip onto your timeline.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mikecox » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:40 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:What's an example of a Drop shortcut, Mike?

They are listed on the "Edit Hotkeys" list in the Manual.

"Overwrite content on track when a clip is dropped on another clip", "move all clips on the timeline to the right...", "Lay the clip over the existing clip...". Ctrl, Shift, Alt; respectively.

The shortcut also appears in the "Insert on selected track" drop down menu
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:14 pm

See my edit/amendment above, Mike. It's exactly what I suspected it was.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mikecox » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:27 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:I believe that means when hold down the Ctrl key as you DROP a clip onto your timeline.
well that certainly makes sense; but I would never have thought of it... thanks (-:
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PowerDirector Series