They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

More recording fun in 4K

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

More recording fun in 4K

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:05 pm

Having some fun trying to record in 4K. Of course one of my favorite subjects.... (I need to broaden my horizon) Hummingbirds.

There has been a lot of activity at the feeder with many multiple bird vs bird in air battles. Because they are so swift I have a hard time trying to catch their battles over territory. But this gave me a good excuse to try and record in 4K then output to 1080P

The super close up was actually 1080P 120fps that I tried to slow down.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: More recording fun in 4K

Postby momoffduty » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:18 pm

The footage looks very good Sidd. How much did you slow it down? And that is one big red feeder. You must attract a lot of hummers.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Thanks Mom. The footage was 120fps slowed down to 25% in premiere. I think the feeder looks big because of the angle.

The hummers seem to know that I am the one who fills the feeder. Last week I was looking out the window to see if the feeder was empty. A hummingbird flew over to the windo and starred at me for a few moments. Almost as if to tell me....dude fill up the feeder....

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:29 am

Once again, Sidd gets amazing footage without even leaving his property!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:04 pm

Odd, that video crashed my computer. Had to do a forced shutdown with power switch.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Peru » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:14 pm

TreeTopsRanch wrote:Odd, that video crashed my computer. Had to do a forced shutdown with power switch.

What media player did you use?
Try updating it and your video driver.
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:03 am

My guess is that the computer might be missing a driver. Vimeo has a good troubleshooting webpage for common issues regarding playback.

https://vimeo.com/help/faq/watching-vid ... ack-issues

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:09 pm

I used Firefox. I don't know what player it uses. This website must be using Flash as I get a message from Firefox to "allow now". When I go to Vimeo directy it seems to play OK. Firefox doesn't like Flash.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby videovillageidiot » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:49 pm

Sidd!!! This is striking...simple and beautiful! And the viewing quality is sooo clear. ::CLAP:

You always set your work to such GRAND music. You've mentioned working on another project with Steve...Got me wondering...does Steve do opera? THAT would be grand!!! :exc:
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:53 pm

Thank you for the nice words. Music is always a challenge to try and capture the correct mood. Lately I have been finding that classical music seems to capture the subtle mood of the video better than popular music.

Your project inspired me to try and find something interesting to record and see if Steve would be willing to lend his pipes. We have been making some organic homemade jam that I might try and barter for another voice-over.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Paz_Pazzaz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Tree Tops said:

I used Firefox. I don't know what player it uses. This website must be using Flash as I get a message from Firefox to "allow now". When I go to Vimeo directy it seems to play OK. Firefox doesn't like Flash.

I believe you probably have the Flash Plugin for Firefox on the safety setting. Recently lots of viruses have been distributed through Flash content. So much so that web developers are supposedly abandoning it. Anyway, when on the safety setting, and a Flash video comes along, you will get a popup that asks if you want to "Allow Now". If you click that, then you'll get the questions, "Now only?" or "Always for this site"... or something like that. For this site, Muvipix, I have the "Always for this site" selected. On other sites, I don't allow Flash to play at all and as soon as I changed it was wonderful to have web pages open without being bogged down by downloading and auto playing video files I didn't particularly want to see anyway. Ads about cereal, razors, renting cars, etc.

To check it out, on the top right corner of your Firefox web page, you will see three horizontal bars, one above the other, in the lineup with a star, the downloads arrow, the House symbol, etc. Click the bars (MENU) icon and then click Add-ons, then Plug-Ins. I have almost everything set at "Ask to Activate". That way I can choose every time instead of having my system wide open.

Java is another to watch out for in terms of vulnerability. Good idea, if you use it, to update every time they have an update as the older versions can be dangerous.

HTH,

Paz
Whatever you do, don't set your coffee cup adjacent to your turps cup. :CS:
Paz_Pazzaz
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Paz_Pazzaz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:30 pm

Sidd,

This is SO COOL! I love the slow motion part, especially having the hummer so close and clear. Love it that I can hear the birds too! (No need to get out more - Specialize!!! ::CLAP: )
Whatever you do, don't set your coffee cup adjacent to your turps cup. :CS:
Paz_Pazzaz
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to GoPro Cameras