They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

GoPro Session

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Re: GoPro Session

Postby Bob » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:23 pm

Sorry to hear you're stuck in your room. Hopefully, nothing serious and you'll be out and around again shortly. Happy Birthday wishes for Marg!

The external battery/charger should work fine with the GoPro Session (and pretty much any device that uses a USB charging connection). For more info regarding USB charging, read this article. You will be able to charge the external battery from your computer, wall outlet, and car just like you would with your mobile phones. The battery only comes with a USB cable, so you will need an appropriate USB wall port or car charging port if you want to charge using those power sources -- get one capable of 2A for faster charging.
Bob

Postby Little Nac » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:47 pm

Thanks Bob. That's great info. Nothing serious with me only fluid, and Marg just phoned me and is over the Moon as they gave her a birthday pin at Disneyland. Now she has two.
Bob, I just ordered one of these. Read the write ups and it seemed good. What do you think? I will now go ahead and order a couple of the ones I sent you.
Thanks again for all the help. Cheers, L.N.
http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Battery- ... B013D9MOA8
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:51 am

Answer from GoPro about battery life

GoPro Support wrote:Hi Charles,

Thank you for your question I will be happy to answer your question .

We do not have any official statement on how many years of use you can expect to get out of the battery. A lot of that will depend on how often you use and how well you maintain the battery.

Please note that with Li-Ion battery's you will typically be at 80% of the original capacity after around 300 to 500 full discharge to charge cycles. The battery in the HERO4 Session is not replaceable. If the battery where to be totally dead you can still provide power to the camera using a external wall adapter through the USB port.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks,
Mark B.
GoPro Support
http://gopro.com/support/
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Little Nac » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:38 am

Thanks Chuck for the info on the battery. Still seriously thinking about the Session. Marg is going out and about today to see prices etc. Will let you know what happens. Thanks again. L.N.
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Little Nac » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:30 pm

Sorry about all the questions. Please just one more. As Bob suggested, to make sure I get 2AMP adaptors for faster charging. The only ones I have at home are ones that come with our mobile Phones. I found this on line and am wondering if it is 2AMP and would be OK. Thanks in advance. L.N. :conf:
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:35 pm

Need the link...

You can use a lower amperage charger/adapter. The only drawback is a longer time to fully charge the unit. If you are going to be mainly charging overnight, it's not an issue.
Bob

Postby Little Nac » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:48 pm

Thanks Bob. L.N.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Little Nac » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi Guys,
Just a quick update we are now the proud owners of GoPro 4 Silver Edition,
and we are more than happy. I must admit before purchasing we got talked into buying a Sony Sports, a little cheaper than the Go Pro and after playing with it for a day took it back, the quality of the picture was terrible no matter what you tried.
We originally only set out to buy the Session, as really did not want to spend quite the amount of the Silver Edition. The un-removal battery I think was the problem. Anyway
once in the shop the decision was made. We have had two days of playing and so far are
very happy, just tested it out this morning on the computer and quite happy with the results.
Anyway once again thanks for putting up with all my endless questions, back to playing
Cheers LN
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:56 am

Glad to hear that you ended up getting something that you liked. You should get many years of great fun out of that camera. Look forward to seeing video.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:47 am

:TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to GoPro Cameras