They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Micro-Clip Snippets Driving Me Nuts

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Micro-Clip Snippets Driving Me Nuts

Postby Simon Silverstein » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:24 pm

I'm engaged in a really long video I keep re-working by removing and also inserting clips. I try to be careful, but no matter how careful I am, when I insert new clips, 80% of the time it seems to break up small parts of the existent or inserted clips into snippets that I have to search out and delete. It's sort of like a debris field in outer space. Some of the sneaky little buggers always seem to escape my sweep. Is there any way to avoid this nuisance or fix it after it happens?
Simon Silverstein

Re: Micro-Clip Snippets Driving Me Nuts

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:54 pm

Not so much.

Those little stray frames do occasionally show up when you do a lot of inserting. Although I've found that the more I'm zoomed into the timeline, the more likely my insert will snap to the end of a clip rather than partway into one.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Micro-Clip Snippets Driving Me Nuts

Postby Simon Silverstein » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:53 pm

Steve: Thanks for the snippet info. I tried zooming/expanding the timeline as you suggested, and it did lessen the "snippet effect." The only trouble is that when you expand your Timeline with the slider, you lose an overall perspective on that section of your project, which can make it difficult to find your location and other objects on the vertical Timeline....Oh well, I guess you can't have it all. Somewhere in the distant future, in a galaxy far away, all this will seem so, shall we say, primitive.
Simon Silverstein

Return to PRE Version 12