They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

External video editing from lightroom 6

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

External video editing from lightroom 6

Postby Lovelila » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:27 pm

Is there a way to export a video from lightroom 6 to elements premiere 12? (similar to the way lightroom can export and edit a photo in photoshop elements 12) I clicked on the export button and in the dialog box that popped up made sure to check include videos. There weren't may file choices, I tried both H264 and original, but neither of them opened the video in elements premiere. I chose open in elements premiere.exe and the program opened but didn't import the video from lightroom. Does the external editing from lightroom only work for photos and not videos?
Lovelila
New User
New User

Re: External video editing from lightroom 6

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:01 pm

When you say "none of them opened in Premiere Elements," do you mean that you tried to use File/Open to open the video file?

Remember that, in video editors like Premiere Elements, you add video to your project -- not open the video. You do this by selecting Add Media/Files and Folders.

You should be able to add an MP4 to Premiere Elements project.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:26 am

Is there a way to export a video from lightroom 6 to elements premiere 12? (similar to the way lightroom can export and edit a photo in photoshop elements 12)?

No, there isn't. The external editor capability is designed to work with photos not videos. You can export a video from LightRoom and import that exported file into a video project, but you cannot open it directly in a video editor.

Any changes you make to a video in LightRoom (set in and out points, adjust color, etc.) are stored in the LightRoom Catalog. If you want to use the modified video outside of LightRoom, you will need to export it. You only have a few options -- DPX, MP4, and Original file. Original file will simply make a copy of the original file with no changes applied. DPX will create a folder of still images, one per each frame, which can be processed in a program that understands and can work with DPX files. Premiere Elements is not one of them. You will probably never need to use that option. That leaves MP4. This is what you should normally use if you've made changes. LightRoom will apply the changes you made and export the video as an h.264 mp4 video which you can then import into a Premiere Elements project.
Bob

Postby Lovelila » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks so very much for both of your replies. It's great to have this forum with such a quick response time and very helpful information.
Lovelila
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:49 am

Our community includes some of the smartest and friendliest people I know, Lila!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:13 am

:::muvipix:::
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 12