They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Delete and Close Gap

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Delete and Close Gap

Postby Walter Seaton » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:36 pm

In previous versions of Premiere, when I placed cut marks on either side of a section of a clip I wanted to remove, when I right-clicked on that section the drop down menu included "Delete" and "Delete and Close Gap". With PRE12 I get the same menu but "Delete and Close Gap" is greyed out. To remove the section I must first click on "Delete". This leaves an empty space. When I right click on the empty space I get a single menu item "Delete and Close Gap". When I click on that item the gap closes. Is there any way I can remove a piece of a clip in the previous manner without first "Delete" and then "Delete and Close Gap"?
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Delete and Close Gap

Postby Bob » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:17 pm

Is the video on Track 1? In your previous post about this problem Steve Grisetti said "Since version 12, Ripple Edit is only enabled on the Video 1 track. So you can't Delete and Close Gap on Video 2.".
Bob

Return to PRE Version 12