They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Re creating DVD from saved image file .cdr

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Re creating DVD from saved image file .cdr

Postby robbie410 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:56 am

Hi, I created Image files, using Disc Utility on my Imac, after I burnt created DVD,s. Now I would like to re create another DVD from the saved Image files, with extension .cdr. I can get the .cdr Image file into Disk Utilities, and have managed to burn a DVD from it. However the opening theme does not appear when I play the copy although the chapters and everything are still there. As I find it a bit hit and miss how I do this re creating, which file to highlight, Is there anywhere on Muvipix guide that relates to .cdr. I have tried to find it in the book using the chapter listings but cannot find anything about .cdr. I do seem to remember that I had read something before when studying the book. Any guidance would be appreciated especially with a drop down message that I get, "Unable to attach "…..cdr" (No mountable; file system) This could be telling me something.
Robbie :eek:
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Re creating DVD from saved image file .cdr

Postby Bob » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:19 am

.CDR files are the same as .ISO files on a Windows system. They contain an exact image of a DVD. You should be able load the .CDR file into Disk Utility, select it, and click Burn. If the other DVD was made from the same .CDR, they should match. That error message sounds like there may be a problem with the .CDR file though.

You can make a disk image of the original dvd using Disk Utility. See this.
Bob

Re: Re creating DVD from saved image file .cdr

Postby robbie410 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:23 am

Thanks Bob for you quick reply, and so early for you still compared to UK time. Have copied the article and will keep it for reference.
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE Version 12