They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Capturing from Hauppauge HD PVR

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Capturing from Hauppauge HD PVR

Postby boogieted » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:26 pm

I am trying to capture live camera footage (from a Canon HV20) into PrEl 12 by converting camera signal to USB with a Hauppauge HD PVR product (http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html)
In PrEl 12 I am selecting Webcam as a source. But I am getting zero video or audio. It seems that PrEl 12 isn't acknowledging the device at all.
On the HD PVR, I am using Component inputs from the camcorder and it is supposed to pass video on to USB to the PC.
I suspect I'm barking up the wrong tree somewhere and I need some help. Thanks
boogieted

Re: Capturing from Hauppauge HD PVR

Postby Bob » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:27 pm

I don't have this device, but, I looked at the support documentation and it does not appear that you can capture that way. The HD PVR will pass through the input component connection to the output component connection so you can monitor using a tv, but it won't pass through to the USB connection. Instead, the HD PVR is designed to capture the input signals and encode them using a built-in hardware encoder and save the encoded files to the pc through the USB port as either m2ts or mp4 files. The HD PVR comes with a capture utility to do this. After capture is complete, you can then import the saved files into Premiere Elements for editing.
Bob

Re: Capturing from Hauppauge HD PVR

Postby boogieted » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Thanks Bob
boogieted

Return to PRE Version 12