They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Project Archiver - Location

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Project Archiver - Location

Postby robbie410 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:04 am

Could anyone tell me where I can open up Project Archiver in Pre 12. I need to say completed .pre files with associated working files that are needed by this completed pre. I believe that Project Archiver sorts which files are need by the Pre project, and get transferred for saving, so that the final Pre project can be activated again if needed.
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Project Archiver - Location

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:18 am

Should be right under the program's File menu, robbie. ;)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:54 am

Thanks, so simple when you know how. It worked fine and saved a new folder with three files, with Trimmed….( and file name. Does this really mean that I can delete all the files which were used to build the Pre? These being clips from here and there which were used to make the project>
Now I have a Trimmed folder, perfect but still large, 7.8 gb. I also have a cdr file, made from the drop down to DVD to computer, much smaller 1.6 gb. Is there a way to get this back to an MOV to reuse Pre 12 should it ever be necessary. Included are eight TS files.
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:19 am

Once you've archived your project, you can delete the original project and media files. Although note that there are two ways to archive your project: You can archive trimmed, with only the media you actually used in your project, or you can archive it with all of the media clips that were in your Project Assets, whether you used them in your project or not.

And, yes, this can be a large file. But it saves an editable, complete copy of your project.

Not so with a saved file. Particularly a CDR file (which produces a VERY low quality finished video from your project). If you Publish & Share your video, you're saving a finished video of your project -- NOT the original file(s) used to make it. So you will not have an editable project, if you plan to re-edit it later.

In short, you have a choice. You can save your project and all of its associated media using the Project Archiver, which produces a large bundle of files. Or you can output your finished video using Publish & Share, which is much smaller but will not give you access to your original media.

It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:26 am

OK, got it Steve, Good Morning.
I managed the Archiver very quickly and yes I only saved those files needed for the project. Did a check having saved the Trimnmed version away from the main folder with all the files in, and it worked great. Yes it was still large but smaller than the folder with ALL files in the project folder.
Guess will not use the saving of the CDR's much but I suppose you could burn directly another DVD from these if that is all that you wanted.
Thanks again and please keep up the good work that you offer us ambitious but lacking in knowledge friends
Robbie
]
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:18 am

Glad we could help, robbie!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator