They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Thank You Steve, momofduty & Sidd - new problem

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Thank You Steve, momofduty & Sidd - new problem

Postby donna622 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:16 am

Thank you Steve Grisetti, momofduty and Sidd Finch for answering my last question. You are all so patient while helping me with my LAST problem ... I did get my video split up and posted (Finally!!!) Thank you. :TU:

Now I have a new problem. I need to put 50 minute video onto a disk.

I followed the steps in Steve's book on page 249, and on his class on Lynda.com.

I bought Memorex DVD+R 16x 4.7GB 120min disks.
I added the movie title to the front of the video
I clicked on Publish / Share
I selected the presets for AVCHD (I also tried just DISK)
Then I get the message "incompatible disk" and I can't burn it to disk (I was able to burn it to a file though).

What am I missing? I know I am idiot but I really want to learn how to use premiere ](*,)
donna622
New User
New User

Re: Thank You Steve, momofduty & Sidd - new problem

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:44 am

Under Publish and Share, Disc is the option that you want. Then in that menu make sure that DVD is selected in the list at the top. It's a scrollable list, so it's possible that it may not be showing. If it's like PrEl 11, DVD is at the top of the list.

In the "Burn to" drop-down list select Disc. If you have more than one burner you'll need to select the appropriate burner location, and in the presets choose either NTSC_Dolby DVD or NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD as fits the project. I'm assuming that you're in the U.S. That should do it.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:51 pm

I selected the presets for AVCHD (I also tried just DISK)

If you are burning standard Def DVD you need the MPEG2 file format. AVCHD is not the correct format for DVD

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:41 pm

If going from HD to SD, then also select widescreen. And what Sidd said the MPEG2.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:12 am

...and consider using either Verbatim or Tao Yuden (sp) DVDs as these perform consistently better than other brands for publishing video.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Return to PRE Version 12