They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Error message when burning DVD

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Error message when burning DVD

Postby robbie410 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:46 pm

Have just finished a project, about 40 minutes long, with transitions, markers and Video menu Theme with sound. Just at the end of the burning process, 98%, an error message appeared, "Internal Software error:/premiere/Elements/molecules/pre-mediacore/External/Authoscript/source……" Could not read the source part. Panic! Anyone know what could have caused this type of error by understanding the message received?
My action was to do some experiments. First cut project into two and try to burn each part - this worked, so what I thought might be the problem, Titles or Menu Theme were not the cause. Then Save these two part to mov's and started a new project and imported the two mov's. All went eel except the markers had disappeared and one marker had been inserted where the two mov's joined together. I tried to burn this latest project and in worked ~OK. I did however get a message page saying the Adobe Premiere Elements closed unexpectedly. The header of five pages was Process: Adobe Premiere Elements [404]
Path: /Applications/Adobe Premiere Elements 12/*/Adobe Premiere Elements.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Elements
Identifier: com.adobe.Adobe Premiere Elements-12.0
Version: 20140225.12.1.620828 (12.1)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [176]
User ID: 501

Does this give any clues.

I have burnt what I wanted and can go back and insert markers where they disappeared so in a way I have solved the problem but would appreciate any help so that it does not happen again
Robbie :conf:
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Error message when burning DVD

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu May 15, 2014 2:06 pm

Unfortunately, most of the error messages you'll see when a program crashes are pretty non-specific -- so they're rarely a clue as to what's going on.

With DVD burning problems, we always recommend some troubleshooting steps.

For instance, are you able to burn your files to a folder on your hard drive rather than directly to a disc? This indicates that the problem is related to the program interfacing with the disc drive.

Most of the time when you get 98% of the way through a DVD burn before things go south, it's an indication that all of the software is working -- it's just the burn to disc itself that's failing. And there are some easy, painless workarounds for that.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Thu May 15, 2014 2:39 pm

[quote=

Most of the time when you get 98% of the way through a DVD burn before things go south, it's an indication that all of the software is working -- it's just the burn to disc itself that's failing. And there are some easy, painless workarounds for that.[/quote]

I was able to save the pre12 project to a folder on my desktop, this as mov. Should I be saving the project to another type, which can then be burnt onto DVD in another way? What are the painless workaround, and are they in the Pre Muvipix Guide?
Does the size of the project have any bearing?
As you said all went well with the Adobe software so now to get the iMac DVD to do a more reliable job
Robbie

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby robbie410 » Thu May 15, 2014 4:00 pm

Steve, can you save the pre 12 project to disc as a DVD file on the iMac and then using Utilities save a a CDR file, which can then be burnt, as many times as you like, and which is saved on the hard drive?
Robbie

robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu May 15, 2014 4:10 pm

If you use Publish & Share/Disc and select the DVD option, you'll find that you have the options to burn a 4.7 gig or 8.5 gig disc or you can burn to a folder.

Burning to a folder saves your DVD files into a VIDEO_TS folder. You can then use any disc burning software (including the one built into OSX) to burn that folder to a disc to create a DVD.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Thu May 15, 2014 4:28 pm

Steve, thank you. I am frantically trying to finish burning the project, both PAL and NTSC, to enable me to take to our family very shortly. (I know you did say that PAL DVD's can be player on most North America DVD players, but just in case) Thus my need to get things to burn.
You should have a break from me for a few weeks, although I am taking the thick Muvipix guide book with me, but no program, to read and read.

Will try tomorrow to re enter the markers lost when importing the saved MOV files and the burn the project, which worked ok earlier today. Then save ad DVD file to use again later.
Thanks to you and your team
Robbie

robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Bob » Thu May 15, 2014 4:56 pm

(I know you did say that PAL DVD's can be player on most North America DVD players, but just in case)

It's the other way around. Most PAL DVD players can play PAL and NTSC. North American NTSC DVD players cannot play PAL.
Bob

Postby robbie410 » Fri May 16, 2014 1:53 am

Thanks Bob, just as well I was going to ale both versions. Am I right in thinking that PCs in North America can play both NTSC and PAL. My son, who lives there, still uses one of his PC's bought in the UK but with a power change.
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby robbie410 » Fri May 16, 2014 5:46 am

Thanks everyone, just to complete this question I can now say that after having split project into two projects, using mov's, and combining again I have now managed to insert markers and it burnt first time to both PAL and NTSC, no problems. Only thing was that I could not make a slight change to one of the Titles after having combined the two mov's in to Pre, which I had wanted to do. No major problem
Thanks Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE Version 12