They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

where to find TXT file when editing own Menu template

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

where to find TXT file when editing own Menu template

Postby robbie410 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:58 am

Hi, trying yet again to create own menu template for use with burning DVD. Am working on MacBook pro, compared with normally Imac, but when I have extracted the en SM files I know that I need to import a TXT file. I am sure that when working on Imac I could go to any other theme folder and just copy this TXT file and paste into the new one being created. Please can you tell me where I can look to copy the required TXT file needed, if is not included in the individual preselected theme files. I do see a file "manifest.TXT" which is listed under, DVD Templates>all Languages >headings.
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: where to find TXT file when editing own Menu template

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:45 pm

This "stickie" post at the top of the Premiere Elements 12 forum shows you where to locate the Movie Menu template files on both a Mac and a PC, robbie.

You'll find the DOWNLOADED.TXT file inside the folders of any templates you've downloaded from Adobe into the program.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:44 am

Ok, I have been working with a selection of the Movie Menus in the Template file on IMac and have managed to alter parts eg Background or move scene shapes around. Then I have saved these as required under new name and copied the download.txt file into these. When I go to continue changing the template Movie Menus on MacPro I find my way to the Movie Menu Templates file all the files that have the menu content in do not have the download.txt file. Maybe these have not been downloaded on the MacPro so first I will check all of the theme files to see if I can find one which had been downloaded to be able to copy.
Will keep in touch
Robbie

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby robbie410 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:25 am

Hi, further to last communication in this string I have opened every DVD movie menu template, all categories, and none had the "download.txt" file in.
Then I created a test project and added "wedding movie menu, same as in Tutorial about changing menu backgrounds. I thought maybe you had to download any given Menu to activate download.txt.
No such luck, nothing further came down.
The only One other file, other than .png's, is Metadata.xml.
Can I obtain the download.txt file anywhere else?
Robbie

robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:46 am

If you downloaded a Movie Menu template, then the Downloaded.txt file is in the folder.

Have you got your operating system set to Show File Extensions for Known File Types? If not, you'll see the file listed as "Downloaded" -- but it's there.

In any event, I've attached one from my computer. You can give it a try and see if it works for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:25 am

Hi Steve, no peace for the wicked. Thanks for trying to help and attaching a file download. Unfortunately although I did download the attached file it did not open, just a blank screen. I then looked for making sure "show file extensions for known file types" but could not find how to toggle something to show these.
I have taken a screen show of the content of Wedding Movie Menu. This is now in the gallery under "Screenshot - Robbie" and as you will see there is nothing about download.
What I can do when I get back to my Imac is to copy the "downloaded.txt" file from a Movie menu on it. I know that it is listed there because I have been copying it already a number of times when I changed/ edited template to a new name.
Maybe you would let me know what you think about the content, screenshot, of a file on my MacBook Pro. Only PNG's really.
Don't know why your downloaded copy, although coming into my download folder, could not be opened.
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:55 pm

It always helps to know what operating system we're working with, robbie -- otherwise we assume your'e on Windows 7.

On Mac OSX Mavericks, the Downloaded.txt file is right where I said it was. So I'm really not sure why you're not seeing it.

The Downloaded.txt file itself is pretty much empty, so don't be surprised if you open it and see nothing inside. (On a Mac, you can open it with the TextEdit application.) It's the presence of this file in your Movie Menu folder that's important.

The preference to show file extensions is found in the Finder/Preferences, under the Advanced tab.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:29 am

Hi Steve, thanks for trying to help me solve my lost Downloaded.txt files and sending a copy, which I could use.
I am away at the moment and thus am using a MacBookPro. It has OSX 10.8.5 on and Processor 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. Memory capacity 8Gb. Here in may of course lay the problem.
I should say at this stage that although I use the MacBookPro for editing Pre's, saving to Mov's, when away, I mostly use my Imac for completing projects. Thus there is really no urgency in solving my problem. However being away for a while I set myself the target to work on Video Menu themes. I am still trying to complete my own default themes. So I was surprised, as noted earlier in this string, that I could not find Downloaded.TXT file, which I understand is an essential part of any created Video Menu.
So far I have checked all of my MacBookPro for Downloaded.TXT files. Only one shows up, the one that you kindly sent for me to use. I especial checked Pre 12 and Pre 11, both on the MacBookPro. At home I have Pre 12.1; Pre 11 and Pre10. I decided that I would try and upgrade Pre 12 on the MacBookPro to 12.1. Although this had worked fine a few weeks ago on the Imac, it would not complete on the MacBookPro. Firstly because Pre 12 was running, which I closed, and then a file, ElementsAutoAnalyzer, a file which I could not find anywhere to be able to close it.
I now think I will try, when I have with me the purchased disk with PRe 12 on, to uninstall the version on my MacBookPro and reinstall it again to see if the files appear.
I did check open all file extensions as guided.
I think maybe the specifications of this MacBookPro are not large enough to an able to allow all files on the Adobe disc to be downloaded.
With you copy of Downloaded.TXT I should be able to use themes already downloaded.
Have a good day
Robbie :ha:
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:25 am

I'd be really surprised if a MacBook Pro wasn't up to spec, as far as running Premiere Elements 11 or 12 is concerned, Robbie.

It's possible, I suppose. But my iMac is over 4 years old and has a similar dual-core processor and it runs it just fine.

Oh well. I'm glad there's not an urgency to your situation, so at least you have time to continue your research.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:57 am

Steve my sincere apologies about not being able to find the downloaded.TXT files in the Pre12 Video Menu themes. I am well aware of the time waster that I am, but thank you for your perseverance and patience. The file required was in one of the 73 templates Slideshows>Wedding Doves. How great an investment I have made in subscribing to Muvipix, worth every penny (or dollar in your case) I now have the file that I was looking for as well as the one you downloaded for me.
Just feedback on the installation of upgrade Pre 12 to 12.1. I have managed to upgrade now, which was stopped by needing to close app or file ElementsAutoAnalyzer, by going to top Task Bar, Elements Organiser, (having opened Organiser 12,) >Preferences> Media-Analysis> and unstick all of the available options, both headings and filters.
Having untucked all of these and re tried to upgrade, all went well.
Apologies again, you were right
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:15 pm

No no no. No need to apologize, Robbie. You certainly didn't waste anyone's time.

I'm just glad we were able to help you find what you needed to do what you want to do!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:46 pm

Thanks, worked fine so far. Will now enter the next stage of how to save a redesigned template for future use.
Will not change my name just now, so you don,t see me loging on again!!
Robbie

robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE Version 12