They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Changing DVD templates

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Re: Changing DVD templates

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:16 pm

Actually, now that I think about it, we DO have a two-part tutorial on modifying movie menu templates for Premiere Elements. It's called "Modifying Movie Menu Templates", interestingly enough, and you can find both parts by searching that title or going to this search results page.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:46 pm

Apologies that I did not react quicker to the good news in your last post. I did not look at the second set of post (2)
I have just looked at the Tutorials and that looks great. I was along the right lines but I was not totally working in Photoshop Elements. Tomorrow I will look again and try and use this method which was so much easier to understand than the written word in Muvipix Book. I take it that you can use the same method for entering something into the drop in Box?
You has boosted my energy again and I will be ready to go tomorrow
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:30 am

I'm not sure what you mean by "I take it that you can use the same method for entering something into the drop in Box?"

But I'm glad you feel encouraged.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:39 am

Good morning Steve, what I meant by the Drop In box was Add your Media here. However I will be looking again at the Tutorials today but in the meantime have been trying to get something to go into this" Add Media Here". With that in mind I uploaded three things to the Gallery, with some difficulty because it would not work with three attachments in the upload box. I therefore uploaded individually before I sent you my query as to what might be happening to my insertions into Add Media. The problem now is that although they did upload successfully I cannot see them in the gallery, or not as yet.
What I have uploaded was a window capture of my Menu before I start adding. Then another picture of what this looks like when I add media. The insert picture is in the adjustments box, but the Add Media box just goes Grey.
I will keep trying to get these two photos of the screen plus the picture that I want in, or a sample, into the gallery and then I will continue with dialogue.
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby robbie410 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:14 am

Steve have managed to get three samples of what the Pre 12 menu looks like. These are in Gallery, Album Robbie 410. One is the cue before trying to enter media into Add Media box. The second if what it looks like after using the Adjustment prt to add media. and the third is a sample of the type of photo that I wanted in the Add media box.
Any ideas where I am going wrong.
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby robbie410 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:09 am

Done it. Steve when I went back to work on the project that I need to finish, then tried the menu and dropping something into the Add Mewdia" box, it worked. Therefore you cannot use the Adjustments without something on the Timeline, I guess
Give a man enough rope and he will hang himself
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:13 am

For future reference, Robbie, you can just add your screen captures (if they're saved as JPEGs) right to your post in the fulle Editor. That way we can discuss them and look at them right here in the forum.

Is the template that you're dropping your media into an existing, stock template in Premiere Elements or is it one that you created or modified?

EDIT:
Okay, just saw your most recent post. Glad you figured that one out yourself! I wouldn't have seen it.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:22 am

Just for completion of my problem. I was trying to add media in formats PSD;JPG;BMP That was not the problem. I was using a modified stock Template in Premier Elements 12. You can see this in the Gallery now under Robbie 410.
Reason it did not work was because there was nothing on the Timeline when I was trying to change a Template.
THANKS
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:12 am

The Muvipix Self Help Forum. Success again. Perfect. :exc:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Previous

Return to PRE Version 12