They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Titler Problem

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Titler Problem

Postby yosale » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:18 pm

My problem.
I choose "Titles & Text", drag "Default Text" to Video 2, Click on Styles, click a particular style (the Text on the title is in Selection mode) and most of the time, the text does not change to the selected style. Sometimes it does, but I can't figure out a pattern.

Joe
yosale

Re: Titler Problem

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:44 pm

Have you got the text that you want to change selected?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby yosale » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:38 pm

I tried two ways.
1. In Text mode I hold the cursor down and swipe across the letters in the title frame until they are all selected and then I hit the style,
2. Im Text Mode I use the selection tool (Arrow) to select the box until all handles show on the corners and the centers and then click on the style.
Non works.
yosale

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:09 am

I don't know why that would be. Unless maybe you have a corrupt font.

Have a look at Part 7 or our free 8 part Basic Training for Premiere Elements tutorial series. See if it sheds any light on your problem.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... &btn.y=-78

BTW, is your text more than one line long? I know that animation will not work on blocks of text that are two or more lines long. Maybe Styles won't do it either. Test it and see.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:33 pm

Wow, I just tried this myself and what a mess. You can change the style when you first open a project and add one single title. You can only change the style one time and then after that you can't change the style at all on any titles including the first one.

Steve, would you give this a try and see if maybe it is only some of us that have this problem?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:50 pm

Yep, that's definitely what I'm seeing too! Once you close a title, after you've applied a Style to it, you can't re-open title and change the Style again.

What a strange bug!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby BSK751 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:17 am

This is a real problem, particularly as the default font is not a very useful nor attractive one!

I still have Premiere Elements 10 on my PC. Would it be possible to create a title in 10, get the style I want on it and then go into 12 and import it into my project?
Sony HDR-CX900E HD Camcorder
Sony Palm Camcorder HVR-A1E
Sony Handycam HC62E

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7 CPU
920 @ 2.67 GHz 2.79 GHz
Mem Ram = 3.00GB
32-bit
Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1
Paging file size 3369 MB
BSK751
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:41 am

Yes, after creating the title in V10 you can select it in the Project Assets, then go to Export > Title. Not sure if this works between versions though. I don't have V12, so you'll just have to try it. If you're going to use the same style repeatedly throughout a project (which I usually do), another workaround would be this. If as Chuck says you can apply the style when you first open the project, you can make duplicates of that title to use instead. After you've applied the style and exited out of the edit mode for that title you can go into Project Assets, right-click on the title, and click on Duplicate (NOT Copy). This will create a duplicate title that can be edited separately without changing the original. It would probably be good at that point to right-click and rename it to something else. You can then insert it to the timeline and edit it to whatever you would like. This can be done as many times as you need. Keep in mind that if you copy instead of duplicate, any changes you make in the copy will also change in the original, which is not usually what people want.

Afterthought: If you could apply the style that you want once, you could also just export that title from V12 per the above, and then add it to your project assets for the next title. I guess it depends on what works best for you.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby BSK751 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:01 am

Thanks Dave, I am going to try both those ideas as a workaround.

It's comforting to know that it is actually a glitch and not me being igorant!
Sony HDR-CX900E HD Camcorder
Sony Palm Camcorder HVR-A1E
Sony Handycam HC62E

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7 CPU
920 @ 2.67 GHz 2.79 GHz
Mem Ram = 3.00GB
32-bit
Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1
Paging file size 3369 MB
BSK751
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby yosale » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:42 pm

Since I first reported this problem on Oct. 25, has Adobe done anything about it? How do we get them to fix this blaring BUG? Do we call them or what?
In general, how do you get software updates to PRE12? Do they ever issue updates to the non-Pro versions of software?
It s is very frustrating not to be able to use such a basic function as a title!!!!. Shame on Adobe.

Joe
yosale

Postby yosale » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:01 pm

BTW, My workaround is as follows:

1. Created a project and named it Template.
2. Created a title and assigned a new style
3. Saved the project
4. Opened the project and created another title with a new style
5. Saved the project
6. Repeated steps 4,5 10 times
7. Deleted the titles from the TimeLine.
8. Created a folder in the Project Assets called Titles and moved all the titles into the folder.
9 Saved the Template project
Now, whenever I need a new project, I copy the Templates project, Rename it to the New Project name.
Now, I have 10 different title styles in one folder. Whenever I need a title, I duplicate one of the titles in the folder and use it.

What a Mickey Mouse. Why can't Adobe fix their bugs?
yosale

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:03 pm

I've sent an email to all of my contacts at Adobe hoping that someone will look into this. I'll let you know if there is any response.

Great work around, I'm sure it will help a lot of other people so thanks for posting it :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Welcome BSK to Muvipix! :wcm:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby bobpeg71 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:03 pm

I had the same problem today. I am new to the PrE12 and just practicing. When I opened a new project, the 'styles' worked as expected. When I tried to 'adjust' style during my practicing session, style no longer worked. This reminds me of the frustration I had with CyberLink Power Director 12- (which I returned for refund) ...which stalled and crashed often, and the patches created by CyberLink did not work. It seems that while experts may find a way around the style problem, novices like me are dependent on the product working as described. I hope the experts in this thread can convince Adobe to fix the problem. Otherwise I may give up and get a refund, and forget about video editing. When a product doesn't work as advertised, it is not worth the frustration to continue to support the company.
thanks, good luck to the experts, and thanks to them for their dedicated and prompt assistance.
bobpeg71
New User
New User

Postby Peru » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:15 pm

There is an easier workaround, as posted by Bill Hunt on the Adobe forum:

Bill Hunt, Jan 10, 2014 7:15 PM

At this point in time, it seems that switching out of the View Mode, from Expert, then back, is all that we have.

Adobe has been made aware of this Styles issue, so we will all have to see if a patch can be issued, that will fix it.

Sorry that the news is not better.

Good luck,

Hunt
Peru

Next

Return to PRE Version 12