They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Muvipix Guide to Premiere and Photoshop Elements 14!

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Re: Win our Guide to Premiere and Photoshop Elements 14!

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:06 pm

Congratulations, wyzboing! You're our winner, based on a randomly selected number!

I'll be contacting you soon with a private message to arrange delivery. And thanks to everyone for playing along!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Announcing our Guide to Premiere and Photoshop Elements

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:21 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:We're excited to announce that Adobe has released versions 14 of Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements -- and we're even more excited to announce the release of our "Muvipix.com Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements 14" and our "Muvipix.com Guide to Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 14."

New features in Photoshop Elements 14 include:
* A redesigned Guided Edits library with some cool, new guided effects.
* An improved Refine Selection brush that makes selecting even fine details possible.
* Haze Removal and Shake Reduction tools for cleaning up unclear photos.

For more details, screenshots and tutorials demonstrating these new effects, see our book promo page:
http://muvipix.com/pe14.php

We've already given away a copy of our "Muvipix Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements 14."

And now, to celebrate the release of our latest book, we'll give away a free copy of "The Muvipix.com Guide to Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 14".

To be eligible, just tag your name onto this thread. We'll randomly draw a winner on Wednesday, October 21, at noon!

Until now, I'd thought I'd be sticking with PE7 and PSE11 for what I do, but then I looked at your tutorial on the new Refine Selection Brush, which is awesome. I'll be purchasing PSE14 for sure, plus your book if I don't win it here.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:24 am

If you do any kind of fine selecting (including hair and other fine details) the refine selection tools in these latest versions are lifesavers!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby wyzboing » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:10 pm

Hey thanks Steve for letting me know my prize is on its way! Looking forward to getting your book soon!

Wyz.
wyzboing

Postby Red Sanders » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:06 am

Ok a "duhhhh" question...but am I correct in assuming that the Muvipix Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements 14 is significantly more detailed regarding the tools and methods in PRE than the treatment of PRE in the Muvipix Guide to Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 14? :drunken:
Red Sanders
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:45 am

Nope. The complete Guide to Premiere Elements 14 is included in the combined Photo Elements/Premiere Elements 14 Guide.

The combined book, however, is available in black & white only, while the Guide to Premiere Elements 14 is in full color.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Red Sanders » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:24 pm

Thanks Steve, I musta not read enough to catch that. Quick reply always much appreciated!
Red Sanders
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:49 am

That's what we do here at Muvipix.com, Red! ;)
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi Steve, before buying your latest guide, Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements, have you written any reviews of adobe 14? I would be upgrading from version 12 and would like to know a little more before I do, not least can I open projects created in Adobe 12 and carry on working them?
Thanks in advance
Robbie

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Bob » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi Steve, before buying your latest guide, Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements, have you written any reviews of adobe 14?

He has indeed. See this page: http://muvipix.com/pe14.php -- What's new and tutorials are on the left hand side.

can I open projects created in Adobe 12 and carry on working them?

We normally recommend that you finish your projects in the same version you created them. It's likely that the new version will open the older project, but things do change between versions and it's possible that some features you used in your project may be missing or different in the latest version. It might be fine though. If you want to try, make a copy of the original project so you have it in case you need to go back to PrE 12. It's a one way street. Opening the project file in the new version will convert the project file to the latest version. Project files are not backwards compatible. You won't be able to open a PrE 14 project file in PrE 12.
Bob

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:57 pm

Thanks, Bob!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby wyzboing » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:09 pm

I’m delighted and excited to have won the latest Muvipix Guide to Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements (14) which arrived last week.

I’ve been an Elements user since PRE2. Being wholly self-taught I’ve tried various books along the way but absolutely the best have got to be Steve Grisetti’s exhaustive guides. I can’t recommend these books highly enough. They are well laid out, have thorough indexes and just tell you exactly what you want to know in simple terms but, at the same time, comprehensively cover each subject. It is easy to follow the step by step instructions and clear illustrations or find your way quickly and easily to the vital bit of information that keeps your project on track. Of course if, like me, you can’t always see the wood for the trees you can head on over to the Muvipix site for in depth tutorials or failing that there are some very knowledgeable guys waiting to answer your questions on the forum.

Unlike the separate Guides to PSE and PRE which are in colour, the combined Guide is in black and white. I have had both colour and b/w in the past and to be honest you lose nothing in the latter and it is very handy having everything in one book. Although you can find out virtually everything on-line I really like having a book to explain things - not only can you look up stuff quickly but browsing the books inspires you to try things you wouldn’t have done otherwise, and discover functions you didn’t otherwise know existed. It is solely because of Steve’s books that I “got into” PSE and I now use the software all the time for all sorts of projects which I previously would have tackled differently.

So thanks Steve, I am always impressed that you manage to get the books out so quickly after each new version of the software has been launched and I’m tickled pink to be at the receiving end of this new guide!

Wyz.
wyzboing

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:32 pm

Thanks, Wyz! What a testimony!

I hope you'll also share some of these positive thoughts at Amazon.com too!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby wyzboing » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:48 pm

Done!

Wyz.
wyzboing

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Thanks, Wyz!