They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

slideshow with music

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Re: slideshow with music

Postby iop » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:57 am

Have been using organizer for slide shows with music and have a couple of follow on questions. I have ordered Steve's Muvipix book but want to do more slide shows before the book gets here.
1. After saving a slide show (just save, not PDF or Movie file) I want to do a backup of those slide shows. Have not been able to find anything on backups for those files. I have spent a lot of time on these and don't want to have to do over from scratch.
2. Also, need info on leveling sound on the music files I have added to the slide shows. Is that accomplished when doing a project or a during the organizing?

Are these 2 items covered in the forum ? Thanks.
iop

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:30 am

You can save your slideshow as a PSE file, iop. That will save it as a file that you can re-open with the Organizer slideshow creator and re-edit later. Is that what you mean by a backup? Just click the Save Project button in the upper left of the Organizer's slideshow editor -- or select Save Slide Show Project under the editor's File menu.

You can't change the audio levels of your music or audio files in the Organizer's slideshow, iop. So you'll need to ensure that your music and audio are at the correct levels before you bring them in to the slideshow creator.

Alternatively, you can port the slideshow over to Premiere Elements, break it apart and raise and lower the sound levels there.

It all depends on how you ultimately plan to distribute or share your slideshow when it's done.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby iop » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:20 am

I notice that slideshows with music have better quality the shorter they are in time. Is there a BEST time to limit them to ? I read in Steve's book that over one hour is good quality but is there a magic number not to exceed for best quality after which quality starts to be affected. ?
iop

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:45 pm

As I say in the book, you should be able to fit about 70 minutes on a DVD at its highest quality. Anything less than that should be about the same quality.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby iop » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:45 am

Thanks for the info.

A new questions concerning music for the movie menu. After using a template it shows up in the preview ok with the edits I've made. But in the preview no music plays. I must be overlooking a step somewhere but have looked in your book and in forums and cant find instructions/steps for adding the canned music to the movie menu. Can you help please. Thank you.
iop

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:09 am

Can you confirm that you're using the Organizer version 11 slideshow creator and that your audio is a WAV file?

Where is your music coming from? I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'canned' music -- unless you're referring to music from SmartSound Quicktracks.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby iop » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:27 am

Yes - using Adobe Premiere Elements 11 - slide show put together in Organiser and added to Elements for outputting to dvd. I thought I saw on an instructional video (I've looked at so many videos and read so much on PRE11 including your book that I don't remember where) that the Movie Menus came with music as a part of the template movie menus. Music was present during the Preview. I'm sorry I don't know where the music came from (smartsound quicktracks?) or how the music got there. That's my question. Thanks
iop

Postby iop » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Reference my last question. You can add music to the Movie Menus by clicking and draging from the SMARTSOUND QUICKTRACKS - drag and drop onto the MOVIE MENU.
iop

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:25 pm

Some Movie Menus include animation and sound, and some do not.

So, if you're asking about music playing during the DVD menu -- well, it would depend on which Movie Menu you used.

Sorry if I'm getting confused, iop, but we keep tagging on to this same thread and we've covered so many topics that I'm starting to lose track of what's what. Maybe, if we're discussing something totally new (like DVD menus rather than slideshows) it would be best to start a new thread?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby iop » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:08 pm

OK will do. Thanks for your help.
iop

Previous

Return to PRE Version 11