They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

pre11 will not now burn avchd

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Re: pre11 will not now burn avchd

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:19 am

Share to my Muvipix e-mail address.

No need to upload the whole 2 1/2 gigs of media. Just upload about half of them -- enough that I can do a test. (Unless you believe that the size of video project is causing you problems.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cspitser » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:53 pm

steve,

I can get enough space on dropbox for 10 bucks. I don't mind doing that. do you want me to do that?
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby cspitser » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:36 pm

I think the size is important. I think I should upload all the files.
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:16 am

If you think the size of the files is important and you don't mind spending $10, that's fine.

Yes, you've got my e-mail address correct. But I've removed it from your post to hide it from spambots that patrol the forums.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Well, Cliff, I've got some good and bad news for you.

I received the disc in the mail today that includes your project and media files. I loaded it into Premiere Elements and flawlessly burned AVCHD files to a folder on my computer. (I don't have a BluRay player/burner, so I couldn't test that. But the results should be the same.)

When you selected the Publish & Share/Disc/AVCHD option to burn to a Folder, did you not get this set of files as your result?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cspitser » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:41 pm

No. Because I would have got that list only if it had worked which it did not. I got a device error before it created any files.
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:30 pm

The problem then is apparently with your system, then, Cliff. And that gets a bit harder to troubleshoot.

Have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you have all of the updates, including the non-critical updates that don't install automatically?

I do see that you have Norton 360, by the way, and Norton programs can sometimes screw up program functions. But it's up to you whether you want to remove it and see if it makes any difference. Unfortunately removing Norton 360 isn't as simple as just doing in uninstall. It really embeds itself in your OS.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cspitser » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:03 am

I have checked and there are no windows updates available for me. Nor are there any updates for my video card drivers. I have also tested the burn with the Norton firewall and all other security features turned off, and I have done this after running msconfig and disabling all startup programs with no success.
I guess one could say that there is nothing wrong with the adobe program, but I say there is because it won’t run on my system, and all my other software runs fine, and I have a ton of that.
I ran a search for “device error” in the adobe forum and got a hit on a post by A T Romano. He replied with some suggestions, all of which I have tried. There is an adobe article about freezes which I have read. I have tried everything that is applicable. (anything to do with burner drives is not applicable to my problem)
http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-element ... rning.html
Below is the thread with A T Romano
https://forums.adobe.com/message/7148470#7148470
One thing the article recommended is using an additional piece of software to do the authoring step. Since that id the only part of adobe pre11 that is not working, that might be a solution. I could do all the editing in pre and then do the burn to avchd folder in another software. Do you think that is a good idea and if so what software would you recommend?
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:22 am

If you want to use a third-party app to author and burn your DVDs, BluRays and AVCHD discs, a longtime Muvipix favorite is DVD Architect Studio, available as a $39 download from Sony Creative Software. They even have a fully functional trial that you can download, so you can try it before you buy it.

You'll find lots of tutorials for it on the Muvipix site (plus a book on Amazon.com).

To output BluRay or AVCHD video from Premiere Elements for your DVD Architect project just Publish & Share/Computer/MPEG with the HDTV 1080p 29.97 High Quality preset. (You'll get video, but you'll need to recreate your chapter markers in DVD ARch).

Though, as I've said before, the offer is still there, since you're a premium subscriber, for me to share screens with you on Skype and help you troubleshoot your system.

But that's up to you. I actually prefer incorporating DVD Arch into my workflow because it works so smoothly and offers so many options that Premiere Elements doesn't.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cspitser » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:29 am

Can I burn to a folder with DVD arc?
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby cspitser » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 am

To output BluRay or AVCHD video from Premiere Elements for your DVD Architect project just Publish & Share/Computer/MPEG with the HDTV 1080p 29.97 High Quality preset.

By using this intermediate file do I lose any quality?
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:13 pm

Yes, you can burn to a folder on your hard drive (called a Prepared File).

No, you will not lose quality transferring the file at that output.

Although, since your goal is to output an AVCHD disc, a better transfer file would be Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the M2T H264 1920x1080 30 preset.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cspitser » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:46 pm

Although, since your goal is to output an AVCHD disc, a better transfer file would be Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the M2T H264 1920x1080 30 preset.[/quote]

I am glad you recommend that type. I usually choose that type.

I think I will try the evaluation copy of DVDarch.
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby cspitser » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:01 am

I downloaded and installed the sony dvd architect.

Below are the steps I followed:
Start with file – new
Click on single movie
Disk format blu-ray
project video format mpeg-2 1920 x 1080-23.976p, 16:9
project audio format pcm stereo (only one available)
then hit ok and get window to select source file
select file: from pre11 share – computer – avchd – M2T H264 1920 x 1080 30
produced file is M2t
select file and hit open
then hit ok again ??
push button “make blu-ray disk”
hit “prepare”
change name of iso file
hit next
The message says the overall bit rate for (then it gives the name of the file that I selected as a source) then it says “is greater than 28 Mbps. The overall bit rate is too high for burning blu-ray onto a DVD.”
I tried hitting the optimize button and all other buttons and I couldn’t make that message go away.
Finally I had to hit finish.
The program runs for about 15 minutes and then I have an ISO file. I burn that to a disk and the file structure looks correct. However when I click on the 00000.m2t file windows media player plays it but there is no audio. When I put the disk into my blu-ray player, it plays but there is no audio and the video is stop start stop start.

I tried various video formats with same result

What should I do?
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:54 am

When you start your new DVD Architect project, you should choose as your Project Video Format AVCHD 1920x1080 60i.

I'm experimenting and trying to figure out why you're having problems. It should work just fine. But I don't have a BluRay player, so I'm limited in what I can do.

Meantime, issues like start stop start stop are usually related to the disc itself. If you're playing your video on a standalone disc player, you may have problems like this with RW discs.

But I certainly would appreciate any input from anyone who may know what's going on.

(Note that DVD Architect used to have the option to create an AVCHD DVD disc but, for some strange legal reason, they had to remove it. You can still "force" the program to do it by just outputting an AVCHD BluRay -- and making sure it stays under 4.7 gig in size (about 20 minutes in length).)
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to PRE Version 11