They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

export audio from clip

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

export audio from clip

Postby cspitser » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:01 pm

I have a project that is my granddaughter's 2'nd birthday. One clip is the family singing "happy birthday" to her. I want to export that audio to a file and then use that audio later in the project for a slideshow. How do I do that?

Cliff
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: export audio from clip

Postby Peru » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:52 pm

If you are using it in the same project file, I wouldn't export it and import it. In Expert Mode, I would place the clip on the timeline, unlink the audio from the video, highlight just the audio, copy it and then paste it where I needed it.
Peru

Postby cspitser » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:03 pm

how do i paste it?
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:39 am

I agree with Peru, but in case you want to keep a mp3 file too, you can export it from the video clip with Format Factory:

http://features.en.softonic.com/how-to- ... at-factory
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Peru » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:00 am

cspitser wrote:how do i paste it?

Copy and paste clips in the Quick view timeline
You can rearrange clips in a movie by copying and pasting them within your project. You can copy and paste multiple clips at a time, and either
insert them between existing clips or overlay existing frames. The clips maintain their relative spacing in time.
Adobe® Premiere® Elements 11 pastes clips to the Video 1 or Audio 1 track at the location of the current-time indicator. However, you can avoid
this action by manually copying clips on multiple tracks. When you paste a clip in the Quick view timeline, the current-time indicator moves to the
end of a clip. This feature enables easy and efficient handling of consecutive paste operations.
1. In the Quick view timeline, select one or more clips in the movie. To select only the audio or video of linked clips, Alt-click the
desired clip.
2. Choose Edit > Copy.
3. In the Quick view timeline, position the current-time indicator at the point you want to paste, and do one of the following:
To overlay the clips and replace existing footage on the track, choose Edit > Paste.
To insert the pasted clips and shift existing footage, choose Edit > Paste Insert.
You can also copy a clip’s attributes—motion, opacity, volume, and other effects—and paste them into another clip.

from here:
http://help.adobe.com/archive/en/premie ... erence.pdf
Peru

Postby cspitser » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:37 am

OK. Thank you.

Cliff
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:59 am

If you want to export the audio for use later in another project you can use the Advanced option from Publish+Share. Choose the format appropriate to your project. If you only want to save only a section of the audio, set the Work Area Bar above for your selection and click on Share WorkAreaBar Only:

Advanced.png

In the Export Settings deselect Export Video. Additional options are available by clicking the Audio tab.

Export Audio.png

You can also use this method to reimport audio into the same project, if you prefer this over the copy/paste which Peru described.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby cspitser » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:58 pm

I tried that and it worked fine. Although I changed the audio format to mpeg.

Cliff
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 11