They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Tricky downsizing problem

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Tricky downsizing problem

Postby lisago » Mon May 19, 2014 6:09 pm

I've got 200 or so photos in Organizer that I've already put in an album and put in the order I want. Now I'd like to output a slideshow for use in PrE along with video clips and a soundtrack.

I understand that I need them to be no larger than 1000x750 so they will behave in PrE. If I use Editor to "Process Multiple Images" to downsize the photos, that gives me new copies of the photos, right? They won't maintain their album tags or sequence, and I'll have to import them into my catalog & start over, right?

I sure hope there's another way. Anyone?
Thanks in advance.
lisago
New User
New User

Re: Tricky downsizing problem

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon May 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Welcome to Muvipix, Lisa!

You can select the option to save the down-rezzed photos to a new folder and your original photos will remain on your hard drive. Your resized photos will keep their same names, so that should remain in the same alpha-numeric order.

What method are you using to create your slideshow? There are at least four ways to create a slideshow in Premiere Elements. In version 11, the only advantage to arranging your slides in order in an Organizer album is if you're going to use the Organizer's Create/Slideshow tool to make your slideshow.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby lisago » Mon May 19, 2014 6:25 pm

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Alpha-numeric order doesn't help me. The photos have been re-arranged within the album to the desired order. I did that because I use Organizer to create the slideshow. I use that mostly because it applies pan & zoom effects quickly & easily. But I am all ears about the other 3 methods for making slideshows using PrE!
Thx
lisago
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue May 20, 2014 7:15 am

As I said, Lisa, pre-ordering the photos in the Organizer will not help you if you plan to create your slideshow in Premiere Elements. You'll only have to re-order them all over again.

Have you tried the Organizer's Create/Slideshow tool? Once you've created your slideshow there, you can send it to Premiere Elements for finalizing and burning to DVD or whatever.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 11