They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Installing DVD Templates

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Installing DVD Templates

Postby Ric » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:44 pm

There is a basketball and baseball DVD menus available on this website will they work with PRE 11? I downloads them but must be doing something wrong in the install I see the new folder I created but nothing show up in it. Any ideas?
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Installing DVD Templates

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:47 pm

BaseballV3.zip and bball.zip should work in version 11 if you unzip the files and put them in a folder, along with a Downloaded.Txt file, per the sticky at the top of this forum.
viewtopic.php?f=100&t=11599

Are these the steps you took to install the templates?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ric » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:59 am

Let me try it again. I unzipped them but not in the folder I made in PSE 11 I unzipped and copied them over maybe that was the problem.
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ric » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Steve I tried it again and still didn't work. I read some of the earlier post about this and I noticed after unzipping the folder there was not a DOWNLOADED.TXT in any of the folders I unzipped where can I find that file or should they be in the folder already?
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:45 pm

What operating system are you using, Ric? If it's Windows 7, 8 or Mac OSX, you need to save the template in the folder indicated in the link above. You also have to copy the Downloaded.txt file from a Premiere Elements 11 template that you've already downloaded.

Part 2 of "Modifying the Modifying Movie Menu Templates" tutorial shows you where to find the Downloaded.txt file and how to add it to the new template folder you've created.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0

If none of that works, please let me know the exact steps you're taking and where you're installing this new template.

Since you're a Premiere Member/Subscriber, you can also send me a private message or email me at my first name at Muvipix.com and we'll set up a live Skype session where we share screens and I watch you go through the whole process, if you'd prefer.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ric » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:56 pm

Got them to work Steve. I just needed the TXT file. Could Ron just add those to the files on the website that way it would be a little easier. I had to open a few other DVD files on my computer before I could find the TXT file. Just a thought thanks again for your help.
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:16 am

The challenge, Ric, is that Downloaded.txt files are unique to version 12. And who knows what new file will be needed to make version 13 work, if and when there is a version 13?

I suppose we could make the Downloaded.txt file available as a download from our site, if that would make it easier for you.

In any event, I'm glad to hear you got it work, Ric! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions or needs.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 11