They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Lost Effects When Converted to AVI

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Re: Lost Effects When Converted to AVI

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:28 am

Something has to give when you go to a smaller case. For one, there's not as much room for expansion slots. Make sure the motherboard, and obviously the case, provide you with the expansion slots you need, and might need in the future.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Re: Lost Effects When Converted to AVI

Postby Bob » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:17 pm

I also like Intel over AMD but he says that you get more power for less money and equally as good. (?)

I don't agree about AMD being equally as good and less money for more power. At the LOW end, AMD does give you better bang for the buck. But, at mid range to high end (i5 and up), Intel is superior to AMD in power and performance. Intel uses a smaller manufacturing technology which makes it less power hungry and more efficient, and, in my opinion, the architecture is superior. Photography and video both benefit from more processing power.

If you go with the Intel, you may want to consider a different motherboard too. That one is a budget board with only two usb ports. That's kind of a small number these days. Consider your needs and make sure what you get will meet them.

Definitely avoid that GOLDENFIELD power supply. I had to look that one up as I had never heard of that brand. It's a cheap Chinese knockoff based on a very old power supply architecture. Power supplies aren't terribly expensive. It's worth paying a few dollars more to get a better power supply.

Both those configurations use an SSD. The first is rather skimpy at 120 GB. That's going to drive you nuts trying to keep it from running out of space. The other is better at 240 GB, but has no other internal drive. I have a 256 GB SSD and only place the OS, programs, and temp files on it. My data, photos, music, etc. are on a separate drive. Granted, I've got a lot of programs installed, but my ssd currently shows 179 GB used and I've seen it go higher. I really wouldn't recommend a system whose only drive is an SSD. For conventional hard drives, I'd recommend 7200 rpm.
Bob

Previous

Return to PRE Version 11