They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

saving

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

saving

Postby mflusser » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:35 pm

Is there a way of saving video segments within PRE 11? Steve, I bought your book but couldn't find an answer. This seems to me very important. I want to edit one segment and save it. Then start on another segment. Then ultimately, put them all together. I tried saving the sequence in a "new project" but then I learned the timeline will not let you combine projects.
mflusser
New User
New User

Re: saving

Postby Peru » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Welcome to Muvipix. :meet:
Somebody will be along with more specific instructions.
Until then...

Premiere Elements doesn't have sequences, only Premiere Pro does. From PPro Help:
In Premiere Pro, you specify the settings for each sequence, trim your clips, and assemble clips in sequences.
Every Premiere Pro project can contain one or more sequences, and each sequence in a project can have settings different from the settings for the others. For example, one project can contain one sequence optimized for 30-fps widescreen DV assets, another for standard 24-fps DV assets, and still another for HDV
footage.

What you need to do is export your timeline to DV AVI or some other intermediate and then bring it into the timeline of a new project.
Peru

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Just wanted to say Welcome to Muvipix! And like Peru said you can export segments of a project and then import them in a new master project.
:wcm:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby mflusser » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:43 am

Ok. Thanks. Not The News Was Hoping To hear.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
mflusser
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi, mflusser. And thanks for supporting the book!

You can certainly output segments of your project, if you'd like. Or you can work on it in short pieces and combine those pieces into a finished movie.

The trick is outputting each segment in a video format that can be loaded into another project. Then you just combine each of those short segments into a longer movie.

How you do this depends on the format of the movie you're working on. For standard definition video and DVDs, there's the DV-AVI. For regular high-def, there's the 1920x1080 MPEG. And for AVCHD video video, there's the 1920x1080 AVCHD M2T file.

These all should be in the chapter on outputting your movie, in a sub-section called How to Output Your Video for Use in Another Project. (I'm sorry. I'm out of the country right now and working from memory, so that may not be the exact title for it.)

But if that's what you want to do -- work on short segments and then combine the finished parts into a longer master project -- that's how it's done.

Are you able to find this sub-chapter?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 11