They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Default text

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Default text

Postby dmeginniss » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Is there a way to set up a default font and color for text for an entire project? My video has primarily light colored backgrounds, and so I need a dark color for titles and text. It's very time consuming to have to change the font and color every time I add text.
dmeginniss
New User
New User

Re: Default text

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Sort of. You can use on of the existing Styles as a default by right-clicking on it and selecting Make Default Text.

Unfortunately, either Adobe has removed the option for creating your own style based on your existing title or I can't find it.

Anybody else know?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby dmeginniss » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi Steve,

This is off the subject, but I LOVE your guide book. I've used Photoshop since the Stoneage, but I'm new to video editing. I've been asked to do some instructional videos, so I bought PrE11 based on my experience with PsE. I was dazed and confused until I got your book. Now I'm feeling pretty comfortable. You've saved my viewers from a boring old talking head, and now I've ordered Cool Tricks and Hot Tips as well. It's too bad we can't create our own default style for each product, though. That sure would save me some time.
dmeginniss
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:38 pm

Thanks for the kind words, dm. You really made my day! I'm so glad to hear it helped bring the world of video editing into focus for you!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:44 am

Howdy. To save your own style, you have to right-click on one of the existing style icons on the "Style" panel, and then at the top of the pop-up menu you can select "Save style."

Making a user click on an existing style icon is probably not the best place to make a user look because they are not trying to change that specific style (object). In addition, there should at least be a menu item on the Text menu. My instinct was to look in the Text menu. Failing that, I tried right-clicking on the white space in the Styles panel, and then in the empty space next to the preview window. When I finally found "Save style...," I thought that I was going to maybe overwrite the Style I had selected.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby dmeginniss » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Thanks, RJ ... that's a real time saver. Not very intuitive, though is it?
dmeginniss
New User
New User

Return to PRE Version 11