They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Freeze effect

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Freeze effect

Postby Blueie » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:40 am

Hello

I am looking for some guidance on how to create the effect shown on YouTube - please type in 'Freeze Test on Adobe Premiere Elements 10' in YouTube by cammykinzofdeath.

Many thanks.

Blue
Blueie
New User
New User

Re: Freeze effect

Postby Peru » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Perhaps some green screening of the person and the stool on video 2 over the other on video 1?
Peru

Postby Bob » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:58 pm

No green screen required. Put the camera on a tripod and shoot two scenes: 1) the action that is to take place behind the freeze frame, and 2) the person tripping over the stool. Place the second clip on the timeline and move the cti to where you want the frame to freeze. Split the clip and take a snapshot/freezeframe and save to jpg. Edit the jpg in photoshop elements: Convert the background layer to a regular layer so you can have transparency. Erase the background leaving the foreground figure. Save as a PSD or PNG file. Import the file into Premiere Elements. Move the second half of the first clip to the right and insert the first clip between the two halfs of the other clip. Place the photo on the second track beginning where you made the split and stretch it to match the end of the inserted clip. You're done.

The Youtube clip was done crudely. The cutout of the boy was not smooth and the stool moved between the two clips -- you can see both stools from the two separate shots. The more careful you are, the better the effect will come off.
Bob

Postby Blueie » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:08 pm

Many thanks to you both for replying and for your detailed explanation, Bob. I have saved your reply and will give it a go - but maybe not with me actually rolling any film. I will try to edit a couple of appropriate clips. I have normal Photoshop CS - that should do the trick. It seems a bit of work, but well worth the effort if it's done properly as you say.

Thanks again.

Blue
Blueie
New User
New User

Postby Peru » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:34 pm

I always seem to find the hard way to do things. #-o
Peru

Return to PRE Version 11