They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

HTML Links?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

HTML Links?

Postby _Paz_ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:45 pm

(I ran a search... do you know how many times the word "link" has been used on this forum? Well, I don't either. I read interesting things for a good, long while and then remembered why I was here.)

Is it possible to add text that will be a clickable HTML link in a video, when that video is viewed either on a computer, Vimeo or YouTube? If so, how?

thanks,

Paz

(edited - changed a typo 'into' to in)
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: HTML Links?

Postby Bob » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Yes.

When you make a post, look at the buttons along the top of the text area. You'll see one labled "Vimeo" and one labeled "YouTube". Here's a screen capture:

embed1.jpg

Type the link and make sure it is highlighted (selected) then click the appropriate button for the link you will be using. For a Vimeo link, you only need the number of the item, not the full web address. For a YouTube link, you need the full web address.

Here is an example:

Code: Select all
[vimeo]2941443[/vimeo]

This will show as this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob

Postby _Paz_ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:48 pm

That is a lovely video. Thanks.

I'm afraid I did not phrase my question well. Suppose I create a video that will be viewed on YouTube or Vimeo, or perhaps on a DVD in someone's computer... and perhaps I say verbally, "for more information follow this link:"

http://www.something

and add 'Titles' to create text. Can I have the text html link be 'clickable' so that once clicked, the viewer will be taken to the website?

Paz
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:33 am

In that case, you would do something like this:

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.muvipix.com/phpBB3/index.php]The best forum in the known Universe![/url]

And, it looks like this: The best forum in the known Universe!
Bob

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:46 am

I think what Paz is asking is if she can embed an html link into her video so that someone can click on her video and be taken to her web site. (Did I get that right, Paz?)

If so, the answer is that I know of no way to do that with Premiere Elements. At least in a way that, when you load it to YouTube, someone could click on it and be taken to your web page.

As Bob indicates, you'd have to program that link into the YouTube page's source code -- which you can't do.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby _Paz_ » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:01 pm

Yes, Steve, that is what I meant.

Thanks to both of you for your help,

Paz
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:46 pm

(The video below is a work in progress, so not ready for prime time. Only people with the specific link can see it.)

At the end of the video below I added the URL using 'Titles' with Pre E 11. As verified by Steve, there doesn't seem to be any way to make that text 'live.'

BUT, I did learn that when I added the entire HTML link in the Description of the Video box, YouTube automatically made it live, both for the website of the creator of the Previewers and the direct link to Audio Jungle where the music can be purchased.

I don't know if Vimeo will do this or not, but thought I'd mention this here in case someone else comes along with the same question.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3CLN5rt7V0[/youtube]
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Here is a how to embed a link in your video on you tube:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbIhWvlQ388[/youtube]

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby _Paz_ » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Thanks, Sid.

After looking into your link I see that this will allow linking to another video on YouTube, which would be a great way to link to another of a series of teaching videos, but it will not allow linking to a site outside YouTube.

I did some internet searching and came up with a couple of places that will insert some kind of code that apparently will allow linking off YouTube, but one has to pay them.
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 11