They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Looking for PE11 Intermediate

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Looking for PE11 Intermediate

Postby BrianR » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi Steve and everyone
I've just joined as a member, having spent some time looking around and viewing the basic tutorial videos for PE11. I'm wondering if there's a way of seeing the Intermediate tutorials for PE11 all in one place, ie on the same page? Everything seems to be rather all mixed up together and you have to spend quite a bit of time looking out what you really want.

(I'm talking about the Subscriber Downloads with the links to the various sub-categories.)
Thanks for any help with this
all best
Brian
iMac 27" Big Sur 3GHz 6-Core Intel i5 GPU AMD Radeon Pro 570X 4GB 16GB RAM; Laptop Windows 10 64-bit HDMI to 27" monitor Intel i5 16GB RAM only 128 GB SSD but I transfer all finished work to a Synology box DS213j (2 Seagate disks).
BrianR

Re: Looking for PE11 Intermediate

Postby Ron » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:21 pm

http://muvipix.com/pe11.php

Scroll down the page on the left :)
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby momoffduty » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Welcome Brian to Muvipix! I would recommend watching any or all of the tutorials because you will pick up tips other than the intended subject, including ones that are not your version specific. :-D

:wcm:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Peru » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi, Brian. :meet:

Don't be shy about asking questions after watching the tutorials. There are some real experts here that can answer almost any question. And correctly, too.
Peru

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:18 pm

Welcome Brian. :wcm: Enjoy!
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby BrianR » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:57 am

Thanks Ron, but these are still the basic tutorials, no? The ones I already watched as a non-paying 'guest' before I joined as a member? Or am I mistaken?

I joined specifically because I wanted to see something more advanced. I have seen, and benefited hugely from, Steve's Lynda com tutorials, and on the strength of them bought his Muvipix book, which I am also enjoying and learning from. I had got the impression that the tutorials called 'Intermediate' here were beyond the basic elementary stages, and I'm sure they are, it's just that it seems I have to wade through a whole lot of stuff about previous versions before I get to the stuff I need to know.

So yes, on the lefthand column are tutorials #1-8, but where is the more advanced stuff easily accessible in one place?

Thanks for any more help with this

Brian

PPS Oh heck, it's the Lynda dot com it objects to .............

PS I just tried quoting what you wrote, but I got another frustrating message about new users being prohibited from inserting links or BBCodes to prevent spam. I'm not getting on too well with this higgledy-piggledy site, I'm afraid. I'm sorry if this comes across badly like a rude guest being obnoxious at a party (well, I said it myself) but the layout of this site really doesn't make it easy. It looks like Topsy, just growed ... Here goes, trying to post again.
iMac 27" Big Sur 3GHz 6-Core Intel i5 GPU AMD Radeon Pro 570X 4GB 16GB RAM; Laptop Windows 10 64-bit HDMI to 27" monitor Intel i5 16GB RAM only 128 GB SSD but I transfer all finished work to a Synology box DS213j (2 Seagate disks).
BrianR

Postby Ron » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Here are some "Intermediate" PE tutorials - http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0

BrianR wrote:PS I just tried quoting what you wrote, but I got another frustrating message about new users being prohibited from inserting links or BBCodes to prevent spam.

I'm sorry you feel frustrated, but we have to do that to prevent people (and automatic scripts, believe it or not) from registering ONLY to advertise their product or service (with annoying, sometimes vulgar links to their website), then they leave never to be heard form again. If you had to deal with that on a sometimes hourly basis, you would do the same, I'm sure. As a matter of fact, that's the exact reaction that we want from the so-called spammers --- frustration, so I guess it works. After you've made a few posts, that limitation is lifted.

And I'm sorry that you don't like the layout of our site. We are not a large company or corporation. We rarely, if ever, receive complaints like yours and rarely will you find a website that appeases every single sole that visits. We're not here to become millionaires (although it would be nice); we started this website to genuinely help people with their videos, not much more to it than that. And we're trying to help you, and yes, you do sound like the rude guest at the party.

The kind of training and real-time assistance we provide has helped hundreds, if not thousands of people like yourself. We cannot please everyone all the time. If you want advanced video training, you've come to the wrong place. We will help you with virtually any question you can possibly come up with regarding video editing and production, but with comments like that, it's kind of hard to do it with a jovial response (but it's still possible however). If you look around this forum a little more, you won't find [rude] or coarse, unfriendly people here belittling and degrading users like some other forums. We provide assistance in a friendly manner; no matter how complex or rudimentary the inquiry/subject matter.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby momoffduty » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi Brian,

The tutorials & Steve's book are a good way to get started with Premiere Elements and learn how the program works. I started from scratch 6 years ago and learned thru the tuts & book. What helped me was to experiment with the program. Bring in video and/or photos and check out every button, panel, effect, etc. OR leap in and start a project. What is great about Muvipix is that I have yet to see in 6 years a question go unanswered. With the diverse crowd here someone has an answer. (And at all times of the day or night since we have world wide members and some insomniacs.)

Creative ideas are a plus here too. I've seen people post asking how to accomplish an effect and usually there are more than 2 or 3 ideas on the how-to. And I've been one to ask for creative help.

I don't think there is any one tut or book that can possibly cover all aspects of editing. That is what makes the forum here valuable. Lots of help. :) I've been walked thru how-to's many times and good thing there are people here who did not lose patience with me. :) One effect was the lens flare...I think there were 2 or 3 pages of people trying to help me. :oops:

Muvipix is a great community and I hope you stick around. :-D

Cheers!
Cheryl
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:42 pm

You'll also find lots of advanced tutorials here. http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=46

Our challenge has been that, in version 11 Adobe did a major overhaul of the interface, so many of our older tutorials are for the old interface. But we've been adding subscriber-only tutorials for version 11 since it was introduced in September.

And, once again, if there is something in particular you'd like to learn, we're glad to either offer you assistance here on this forum or even add it to our tutorial agenda. If you've already been through my Lynda.com tutorials, you're operating at a pretty high level, so it's also possible I may be able to work directly with you to some extent or, in appreciation for your subscribing to both the Lynda tutorials and our site, offer you a significant discount on our books.

What is it you want to know?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 11