They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Audio out of sync with video-anyone have that problem?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Re: Audio out of sync with video-anyone have that problem?

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:13 am

6 frames is 1/5 of a second. I haven't actually tried it to see, but it seems like that would be very difficult to notice. I've always been pretty sensitive to audio/video sync issues but I don't know that it would bother me. I believe you Gerry, I'm just commenting.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Ron » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:15 am

Just 2 cents... no one has mentioned disk space/fragmentation. Also make sure it's at least a 7200 RPM drive. If the disk can't keep up when processing, [dropped frames] may occur. I always found that if I minimally defragmented the drive just before working with video (every time), it solved audio sync issues.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gerry » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks, everyone. Guess I'll have to shift all the audio, dang it!

Dave -- actually, it's really noticeable because people are talking to the camera, and what their mouth is saying isn't quite what you're hearing.

Ron -- Good thought, but it happens on the iPad as well as the computer. And it's just the "iPad" settings.

Another of life's mysteries...
Dell XPS 8500 desktop w/ Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4ghz / 22 gigs RAM / Radeon HD7570 1g dedicated video memory/ PrEl 11 & 9 / Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 / After Effects CS4 / Olympus OM-D E-M5 DSLR (1080i HD video)

Time is money, life is change.
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Ron » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:30 am

Gerry wrote:Ron -- Good thought, but it happens on the iPad as well as the computer. And it's just the "iPad" settings.

I'm talking about exporting, not playing the video. the iPad setting may need more power to create.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gerry » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:49 am

Ron wrote:
Gerry wrote:Ron -- Good thought, but it happens on the iPad as well as the computer. And it's just the "iPad" settings.

I'm talking about exporting, not playing the video. the iPad setting may need more power to create.

OH! Interesting thought... Wow.

I know I tried all the different iPad/iPod/Touch settings last night and had the exact same delay problem with all of them. It's too bad there's not another way to generate an mp4 without using that H264 thing.
Dell XPS 8500 desktop w/ Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4ghz / 22 gigs RAM / Radeon HD7570 1g dedicated video memory/ PrEl 11 & 9 / Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 / After Effects CS4 / Olympus OM-D E-M5 DSLR (1080i HD video)

Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:06 am

" It's too bad there's not another way to generate an mp4 without using that H264 thing."

Well, technically, unless it uses the H264 thing, it's not an MP4.

But have you tried the output setting for iPad under Publish & Share/Portable Devices?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Gerry » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:36 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:" It's too bad there's not another way to generate an mp4 without using that H264 thing."

Well, technically, unless it uses the H264 thing, it's not an MP4.

Oh. Heh. Didn't know that. (I figured there was an H263, 262, etc.)

Steve Grisetti wrote:But have you tried the output setting for iPad under Publish & Share/Portable Devices?

That's the one that started this whole thing. I used the iPad Maximum Quality Widescreen, low quality widescreen... all the iPod and iPhone settings available in that drop-down. Results all the same: the audio is 6-7 frames ahead of the video.

Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby bryanedmondson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:40 pm

I am working with some public domain videos. They are t.v. commercials from the 50's. Unfortunately some of the downloaded files have a audio synch problems and the mouths moving look like bad Chinese movies in English.

I can only find information online to synch audio that is recorded from another mic and needs to be joined with the main video once the video cam audio mic recording is deleted.

I have no idea if I can correct these downloaded commercials. I have tried to unlink video and audio and use time stretching on the video track. I have some success, but it just is not acceptable.

If anyone knows anything that can be done I would appreciate the input.
Thanks.

Scratching my head, trying to synch.
Computer Specs: Dell XPS8500, Intel i7-3970X 15M Cache 4.00 GHz, RAM 64 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro 2000 1GB Memory, System Volume: 1TB SATA 10,00 RPM Raid 0 Array, Scratch Disk: 240 GB Intel SSD Raid 0 Array,OS Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
bryanedmondson

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:59 pm

bryanedmondson wrote:I am working with some public domain videos. They are t.v. commercials from the 50's. Unfortunately some of the downloaded files have a audio synch problems and the mouths moving look like bad Chinese movies in English.

I can only find information online to synch audio that is recorded from another mic and needs to be joined with the main video once the video cam audio mic recording is deleted.

I have no idea if I can correct these downloaded commercials. I have tried to unlink video and audio and use time stretching on the video track. I have some success, but it just is not acceptable.

If anyone knows anything that can be done I would appreciate the input.
Thanks.

Scratching my head, trying to synch.

Don't try to time stretch. Once the audio and video are unlinked just move one or the other ahead or back as necessary until they're synced. In some longer clips I've seen, the sync problem sometimes gets worse and worse over long stretches of time, which would necessitate breaking it up into shorter cuts and adjusting each. But if you're working with something as short as a commercial I don't think that will be an issue.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby bryanedmondson » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:49 pm

That is a great idea. I did not try moving the unlinked audio clip. I dread dragging clips as I was not knowledgeable of how to move the clips in small increments. I always experienced dragging a clip and having it jump in lengths rather than sliding with precision.
Yesterday I realized that moving the CTI by frame fractions will allow a dragged clip to "snap" to the newly adjusted CTI line. I never would have put 2 and 2 together if you had not replied to my post.
Thanks. :meet:
Computer Specs: Dell XPS8500, Intel i7-3970X 15M Cache 4.00 GHz, RAM 64 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro 2000 1GB Memory, System Volume: 1TB SATA 10,00 RPM Raid 0 Array, Scratch Disk: 240 GB Intel SSD Raid 0 Array,OS Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
bryanedmondson

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:24 pm

:TU:

Dave McElderry

Previous

Return to PRE Version 11