They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Magix Edit Pro 17 codec activation

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Magix Edit Pro 17 codec activation

Postby SteveG » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:38 pm

I have downloaded MEP17 and want to test the importing of my video files. When I import the files the program says I have to activate the MPEG-4 codec. I select Order activation code online but I have to pay $4.99 to use it. In the help it says All activations are free of charge - except for the MPEG-4 activation in the classic version. So I can't even test if my files work without paying? Any suggestions?
Steve G

Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip.
--Will Rogers
SteveG
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Magix Edit Pro 17 codec activation

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:51 pm

My suggestion is to not buy MEP 17 Plus. My next suggestion is don't buy MEP unless you buy the Plus version. There's a problem with NTSC encoding in MEP 17 PLUS that makes audio/video out of sync by the difference between 30fps and 29.97fps. Until they fix that, stay away from it.

You may need to contact Magix sales about the codec activation. There are different procedures with the watered down version.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby SteveG » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Good to know. Thank you RJ.

I bought the Panasonic HDC-TM700 and was looking for an editor that can handle the 1080p file type.
Steve G

Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip.
--Will Rogers
SteveG
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:50 pm

When I import the files the program says I have to activate the MPEG-4 codec. I select Order activation code online but I have to pay $4.99 to use it.

I believe the help is wrong. THe MAGIX web site I believe states that activations are free inthe PLUS version and not the regular version. Another readson to always get the PLUS version.

I have been following the forum for MEP 17+ and there seems to be a lot of issues, with the most major being the one RJ noted in this thread. I am happy with MEP16+.

I bought the Panasonic HDC-TM700 and was looking for an editor that can handle the 1080p file type.

Have you tried the Premiere Elements t9 rial yet? PRE9 can handle lots more file types than previous versions did. I am very happy with it.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby SteveG » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:47 pm

I actually bought the PRE/PSE 9 package but since it didn't have a setting specifically for 1080p 60fps I started looking for one that did. It was able to import the files though.
Steve G

--Will Rogers
SteveG
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Video Editors