They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Newbie: Sony Vegas Pro 8 Help

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Newbie: Sony Vegas Pro 8 Help

Postby JSW » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:11 am

:meet: I have been searching over the past few days help with my problem, so I was hoping I could get some help with the Pros. :)

Ok, I was practicing some masking on Sony Vegas (Yes, I'm just getting into this). When I finally finished I went back and started putting some effects on some other clips, but whenever I placed placed an effect it would only appear on the right side of the screen. :-8
For example: If I alter the coloring of a red clip and make it blue only the right side is blue and the left remained in it's original color. :|
At first I thought it was just a little editing mistake I did by accident, so I started fiddling with it hoping I could to fix it. Nothing. Then, I went and clicked on a past project and found out that this was happening to it too. It was fine before!
Now, another few days later, this stopped happening and instead of having the effect only appear on the right side of the screen it works for the most part exept for a little rectangular snibble in the middle of the screen.
Any help? :(
JSW
New User
New User

Re: Newbie: Sony Vegas Pro 8 Help

Postby Paul LS » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 am

Above the monitor window there is an icon that splits the monitor window so half shows the effect and the other half shows the original video. Try clicking on this.

By the way... a big welcome to Muvipix. :)
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Newbie: Sony Vegas Pro 8 Help

Postby JSW » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:26 pm

Paul LS wrote:Above the monitor window there is an icon that splits the monitor window so half shows the effect and the other half shows the original video. Try clicking on this.

By the way... a big welcome to Muvipix. :)

Big thanks! For both the advice and the welcome. ;)
JSW
New User
New User

Return to Video Editors