They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Beginner on Vegas Studio 9

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Re: Beginner on Vegas Studio 9

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:55 am

Ken, the High profile .m2ts file I mentioned in my previous post can be smart rendered in Nero 9, so it should work in Nero 10. With Nero 8 you had a lot more control over the menus than you did in previous versions. Should be interesting to see what they have done in version 10. I've been looking at that Nero 10 product page wondering if I should get it now or wait until next year.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ken Jarstad » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:08 am

Hey Robert, sorry I pulled the rug out from under you here. I removed my comments about DVD authoring here and added them to the DVD authoring topic.

I will share at least the capabilities of Nero 10 authoring.
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:55 am

Okay, Ken.

Turns out that I only needed the Haali splitter in order to add High profile .m2ts files. The CoreAVC codec was what was causing playback problems in MF.

We're still in 2010, aren't we?
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ken Jarstad » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:12 am

I just got the Newegg eblast ads this morning and VMS9 Platinum Pro Pack is listed for $59.95, $1.99 shipping with promo code and mail in rebate. That would have saved me over 40 dollars! But, I guess this means Vegas 10 is right around the corner.
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ken Jarstad » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Well, thanks for thinking of us first, when you're looking for video instruction, Ken!

Unfortunately, Vegas MovieStudio support isn't as easy to find as you might think. There's this nice, introductory book.
http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Vegas-Stu ... =8-1-spell

And, if you look on the Amazon site, there are lots of video training kits. But that's about it -- other than some books for the Pro version.

Steve, despite some of the poor reviews on Amazon I went ahead and bought the recommended book. I bought a used book in Good condition for $14.13 and $3.99 S&H. This book was written for Vegas Movie Studio 4 :!: Despite the somewhat dated appearance of the pictured interface I found the meat of the book was applicable to the current release. It may not have been intended for video editing beginners but it revealed much of the rich tools hidden in the interface and will help a more experienced editor get up to speed quickly.

I may grow out of this book quickly but "quickly" is how I want to learn anyway. Thanks again for the recommendation. I second your recommendation :tup:
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:12 pm

There is surprisingly little books support for these apps, Ken. But I'm very happy to hear you found one that works for you!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Video Editors