They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Magix Movie Edit Pro 16 Plus

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Magix Movie Edit Pro 16 Plus

Postby AVITRY » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 pm

I just received an email promotion from Magix offering MEP16+ for 59.99. Ten bucks less than their website.

It's tempting, cause I like to play with new programs, but .... is anyone else like me regarding the placement of media on the timeline. I just can't stand NLE programs that place an overlay media under the 1st timeline when it should be placed OVER the 1st timeline. In other words, track 2 is under track 1 when it really IMO should be just the opposite in the timeline to better represent laying over the first clip.

I wonder why they do that. When you envision looking through subsequent clips down to the 1st timeline then have to place them "bass akwards" on the timeline it just seems weird. I dunno ... Anyway MEP16+ is now available.
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Magix Movie Edit Pro 16 Plus

Postby JohnnyO » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:48 pm

I just received an email promotion from Magix offering MEP16+ for 59.99. Ten bucks less than their website.

Joe:

Would it be possible to post the link here with the $59.99 price?
I wonder why they do that. When you envision looking through subsequent clips down to the 1st timeline then have to place them "bass akwards" on the timeline it just seems weird. I dunno

At first I also had a problem with this. To me it is n=more intuitive for the time line tracks to be stacked from bottom to top instead of top to bottom. I have gotten used to it and that is not an issue for me.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby AVITRY » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Johnny, it was an email to me from Magix that stated this price is only available by clicking the link in this email.

here is the link...

http://www.magix.com/us/online-marketin ... =US_09_upg
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:31 pm

You can get the same deal using the Muvipix Affiliate link on the Muvipix Store page ;)
Muvipix Store
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:56 am

I downloaded the German version 2 or 3 weeks ago, but didn't find anything new that was compelling. There is still a problem with the Mercalli stabilizer, which is included with the German ultimate pro edition.

I'm afraid that MEP 16 just can't top my satisfaction with my recent purchase of DVD Workshop 2.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paul LS » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:40 am

I got a half price upgrade offer here in the UK for Magix Movie Edit Pro 16 Plus a week or so a go so I bought it. I skipped the Corel VideoStudio upgrade becasue of the issues I have heard about it.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:26 am

Johnny, it was an email to me from Magix that stated this price is only available by clicking the link in this email.

here is the link...

http://www.magix.com/us/online-marketin ... =US_09_upg

Joe - Thanks. This is a special for registered users only, which I am. So I was able to purchase it for the upgrade price in your link.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:42 am

I downloaded the German version 2 or 3 weeks ago, but didn't find anything new that was compelling. There is still a problem with the Mercalli stabilizer, which is included with the German ultimate pro edition.

RJ - have you played around with the secondary color correction feature. Last night it only took moments for me to master this. Ihad with a video of my son holding a leggo character. I was able to quickly select his hand and leggo, and then make the background black and white. This is a really cool effect. Worth $59.99 on its own.

There are also tons of new collages available. I was presently suprised with the new selection.

I like the title interface change. And now you can key frame audio effects, just like in elements. This was a missing feature that I am really happy to see.

The travel map animation built in works very well and it works quickly. You choose the travel points, as easily as you do with mapqwest, Then ou choose your vehicle, such as a car or plane, click a button and your travel route is automatically animated. This is a really cool feature and it works very well.

They changed the interface for authoring too. I was disappointed with this because I was expecting more features. I am comparing to DVD Architect Studio, and it is stil not as powerful. So I am not interested in the authoring changes.

The program has also not frozen or crashed at all.

Mercelli seems to be working fine for me.

All in all, I am pleased with the upgrade.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ed » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:19 pm

Johnny,

Did you get the download or order the box? Do you have the previous version still installed on the same machine? I have vPro12 on my laptop and I love it, I'm just worried that the new version will mess something up. I'm very tempted by the email offer.

Thanks
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Peru » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:26 pm

ed wrote:Johnny,

Did you get the download or order the box? Do you have the previous version still installed on the same machine? I have vPro12 on my laptop and I love it, I'm just worried that the new version will mess something up. I'm very tempted by the email offer.

Thanks

Make a backup image of your drive on an external drive with a program like Acronis True Image Home.
Then you can always restore the backup if all goes south.
Peru

Postby JohnnyO » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:56 pm

i purchased the boxed version. The trial, which is the download version, it working fine on my system with MEP 15 PLUS installed.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:44 am

I installed the trial version on two totally different machines and had trouble with playback of DV-AVI clips in the default overlay display mode and the video renderer 9 display mode. There were green dashed horizontal lines all the way through the playback monitor. Playback in compatiblilty mode was poor. I uninstalled the 16 trial on both machines. The End of 16.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:14 pm

I installed the trial version on two totally different machines and had trouble with playback of DV-AVI clips in the default overlay display mode and the video renderer 9 display mode. There were green dashed horizontal lines all the way through the playback monitor. Playback in compatiblilty mode was poor. I uninstalled the 16 trial on both machines. The End of 16.

Very strange - I ran a test with DV-AVI. My initial tests were with mpg and m2ts.

I do not see the artifacts you see. I wonder what is happening on your systems.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ed » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:22 am

Thanks all. I think I'll order it and see what happens. I'm loath to change something that's working though.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:41 am

Ed - there is a fully functional trial version available on the web site. Give it a try before purchasing. You wouldn't be happy if it worked on your system the way it works on RJ's systems. You have through March 9 to get the discount.

I am very pleased with the product and it works flawlessly on my system

The other day I was playing around with the collages. Some are really cool. There are over 60 collage templates included in this version. They can really add spice to your video creation.

Also - I recommend purchasing the boxed version. In the past there was always missing features and missing bonus software from the download version.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Next

Return to Video Editors