They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Audio transfer from Sony Vegas to Movie Maker?

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Audio transfer from Sony Vegas to Movie Maker?

Postby jan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:09 am

Goal: To use Movie Maker or Photoshop for making a video for DVD. Using Photoshop slideshow and Sony Vegas audio.

My slideshows made in Photoshop are very clear but Photoshop has one audio track as does Movie Maker.
I have made 2 tracks of audio in Sony Vegas Movie Studio (voice & music) already.

1. How do I compile the two audio tracks in Vegas into one which I can be imported into either Photoshop or Movie Maker?
2. If I can get these Vegas audio's into Photoshop (the original source of the slideshow), can it be saved in format that can be sent directly to a DVD? Or, is it better to use the Sony Audio and Photoshop slideshow directly in Movie Maker? What are the pit falls?

Jan
jan
New User
New User

Re: Audio transfer from Sony Vegas to Movie Maker?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:31 pm

When you export a DV-AVI from Vegas, all of your audio tracks will be combined into one.

DV-AVIs are the universal language of PC based video editors. If you export it from one video editing program, you'll always be able to import it into another with virtually no loss of quality.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Audio transfer from Sony Vegas to Movie Maker?

Postby Paul LS » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:36 pm

You can just export your audio from the timeline in Vegas. Bring this into MovieMaker and use it in your movie. To export the audio in Vegas go... In the Project Menu choose Render As, then choose the audio format from the drop down list under from Save As Type. Type a name for the file and do a Save As. This exported audio file can then be brought into MovieMaker.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Video Editors